What sort of uni marks do I need to stay competitive in rural entry med @ unsw/uon? (1 Viewer)

spagett

HSC
N/A
Hi, Im a first year engineering/commerce student at Usyd but am looking to apply for med at UNSW and Newcastle Uni via their rural programs. I applied to just UNSW last year and got to the interview stage with a 92.95 atar and 57th percentile UMAT. I know these scores are extremely low relative to the average person who gets to interview stage but I still don't think I'll be able to match the academic requirements ( at UNSW the academic score is based 50/50 between atar and uni marks) due to the difficulty of engineering (however I'm quite confident that I'll get above 80th percentile in UMAT this year since I'll study for it this time). Someone who does am easier arts subject ( no disrespect to arts...economics was fucking hard) can easily get a WAM of >85 whereas I can barely stay above 70. Pretty much my question is that will the difficulty of my course be accounted for at UNSW and UON or is it just a free for all? What sort of marks should I be aiming for to stay competitive in rural entry?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: What sort of uni marks do I need to stay competitive in rural entry med @ unsw/uo

i reckon 75WAM and 85 UMAT if you're rural

A1P

HSC
Re: What sort of uni marks do I need to stay competitive in rural entry med @ unsw/uo

Pretty much my question is that will the difficulty of my course be accounted for at UNSW and UON
Even if the unis want to do this it's not possible to because there's no benchmark measuring how difficult your course is relative to a perceived easy course at another uni.

If you can get GPA of 5.0 for your 1st year it's equivalent to around 96 ATAR. For UNSW this is combined with your actual ATAR to give an equivalent rank of ~95, already an improvement from 92.95

You need close to 5.0 to be eligible for JMP/UoN, possibly lower for rural. GPA is a hurdle there so higher gives no extra advantage.

Or 5.7 for WSU > https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/me...dmission_scheme2/rural_entry_admission_scheme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)