People doing Medentry what raw marks and percentiles are you guys getting? (1 Viewer)

trea99

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm a Medentry user and the percentiles that I'm getting on their exams are seriously scary. I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not you should trust Medentry percentiles (the testing conditions aren't standardised etc) but my percentiles are genuinely scarily low.
You guys getting really high in Medentry could you tell me what kind of marks you get in each section and their percentiles. Do you manage to finish in 3 hours or take longer (There's no way I'm getting anyway far into that 90-104 bar)
My overall percentiles fluctuate a lot between around 60-75 and sometimes lower than 50 which is very frightening.
My marks for each section are around
S1: 35-37/48 (70-80%ile)
S2: 27-30/44 (50-60%ile)
S3: 25-27/42 (<50%ile sometimes even 0-20)
Overall: High 80s - Low 90s out of 134
Should I be overly concerned about my percentiles (definitely am about S3)? Am I screwed for the actual UMAT or do I still have potential to get in the 90s if I work hard on S3 in the upcoming days?

andrew12678

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm a Medentry user and the percentiles that I'm getting on their exams are seriously scary. I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not you should trust Medentry percentiles (the testing conditions aren't standardised etc) but my percentiles are genuinely scarily low.
You guys getting really high in Medentry could you tell me what kind of marks you get in each section and their percentiles. Do you manage to finish in 3 hours or take longer (There's no way I'm getting anyway far into that 90-104 bar)
My overall percentiles fluctuate a lot between around 60-75 and sometimes lower than 50 which is very frightening.
My marks for each section are around
S1: 35-37/48 (70-80%ile)
S2: 27-30/44 (50-60%ile)
S3: 25-27/42 (<50%ile sometimes even 0-20)
Overall: High 80s - Low 90s out of 134
Should I be overly concerned about my percentiles (definitely am about S3)? Am I screwed for the actual UMAT or do I still have potential to get in the 90s if I work hard on S3 in the upcoming days?
Pretty much explains why percentiles are low for many students as there are so many 'time' cheaters who do the exams in 6hrs and with a dictionary etc.
So I feel like the raw marks might be a better indicator of your perfomance.

That being said Medentry exams are also pretty hard as well especially S1. So you're doing fine for S1 but I think your S3 should be much higher if you want to perform well, perhaps try the drills/guides as you can be realistically be hitting 80+% in S3 just by knowing the methods.

S2 is an entirely different ball game and really depends on your performance on the day

trea99

HSC
Thanks for the tips,
I had a feeling a lot of people were taking more than 3 hours. Just curious, if you did Medentry, what kind of raw marks do you think I would need to be competitive in S3? Somewhere in the 30s?

nire

HSC
30-35 would be quite competitive. anything above say 35+ youd be looking at a 100th percentile.

Mach_1

HSC
do u know how close medentry percentiles are to the actual umat percentiles? ive heard some wild variations from 30 percentiles to 5 percentiles. Ive only done 3 medentry exams and the highest ive scored is 87th percentile on the 3rd exam - what would this percentile translate to in the actual umat?

trea99

HSC
do u know how close medentry percentiles are to the actual umat percentiles? ive heard some wild variations from 30 percentiles to 5 percentiles. Ive only done 3 medentry exams and the highest ive scored is 87th percentile on the 3rd exam - what would this percentile translate to in the actual umat?
I'd say Medentry percentiles are definitely lower than what you can expect to get in the actual UMAT. But this depends:
Did you do the test in 3 hours under exam conditions?
Were you using a calculator for section 1 or a dictionary to search up words for section 2?
If you did, which I really wouldn't advise you to, then there's no telling for sure. A few marks in the UMAT is likely a significant difference in percentile.
But, yea if you did the exam under exam conditions 87th percentile is pretty solid and I'd say you're doing quite well. From what I remember I got around 83rd percentile when I did exam 3 but as I did more exams my percentile just went all over the place so its definitely hard to tell what you'd get in the UMAT based on your Medentry percentiles (especially not just from a single exam).
Just curious, what were your percentiles and raw marks for each section?
Like andrew said, your raw marks are probably a better indicator of how well you're doing on Medentry than your percentiles because a lot of people go over time. So again, if you did the test under exam conditions and got 87th percentile you'd probably score higher in the real UMAT (can't confirm). If you didn't complete the exam in exam conditions there's no telling.

Mach_1

HSC
I'd say Medentry percentiles are definitely lower than what you can expect to get in the actual UMAT. But this depends:
Did you do the test in 3 hours under exam conditions?
Were you using a calculator for section 1 or a dictionary to search up words for section 2?
If you did, which I really wouldn't advise you to, then there's no telling for sure. A few marks in the UMAT is likely a significant difference in percentile.
But, yea if you did the exam under exam conditions 87th percentile is pretty solid and I'd say you're doing quite well. From what I remember I got around 83rd percentile when I did exam 3 but as I did more exams my percentile just went all over the place so its definitely hard to tell what you'd get in the UMAT based on your Medentry percentiles (especially not just from a single exam).
Just curious, what were your percentiles and raw marks for each section?
Like andrew said, your raw marks are probably a better indicator of how well you're doing on Medentry than your percentiles because a lot of people go over time. So again, if you did the test under exam conditions and got 87th percentile you'd probably score higher in the real UMAT (can't confirm). If you didn't complete the exam in exam conditions there's no telling.
thanks mate i did the exam in 3 hours and 10 min although i did chuck a shit in the middle for roughly 15 mins lol nonetheless proper exam conditions without a calc or dictionary no point doing an exam like that. Individual section scores are as follows:
S1: 34/48 (74%ile)
S2: 23/44 (37%ile) LOL my s2 percentile halved from my prev exam feels bad
S3: 34/42 (98%ile)
raw mark for exam was 91/134

trea99

HSC
Hahah
Dam, that section 3 is insane.
Tbh, if you did the test in 3hr 10 mins, in my honest opinion you're doing really well not going to lie. I had a friend who did the UMAT 2 years ago and had a really good section 3 but not as great sections 1 and 2 and got (can't remember) 90 something percentile. She told me she was getting in the low 90s out of 134 on Medentry exams. UMAT's pretty unpredictable but I'd say you're doing good and if I really had to guess I'd probably say somewhere in the 90s. But yeah, just a guess, my prediction means nothing so keep at it and you'll be fine.

Mach_1

HSC
lmao hopefully jst need to make sure i dont screw up the next 7 exams.
any indication as to what it takes to get 100 percentile? my atar is kinda screwed and im gonna need umat to carry my ass TOT

trea99

HSC
Lol I wish I could tell you what it takes to get 100 percentile but I've never come close.
I have gotten close to 90 though in sections by themselves and can give some kind of idea (cos tbh if you're getting 90th percentile in all 3 sections you'd come close to 100th percentile)
S1: 37+/48 would get you 90th percentile
S2: 34+/44
S3: 32+/42
It varies a heap from exam to exam though. In exam 8 I got 29/44 for S2 and it gave me 77%ile but for exam 7 i got 29 and got 67%ile. But yeah, those scores are to get 90th percentile in Medentry for each section not the real UMAT which I'd guess wouldn't be as difficult since everyone only has 3 hours.

Mach_1

HSC
damn i really need to up my s2 game.
wow uve done so many exams i feel so behind lmao how many drills have u done?

trea99

HSC
I haven't done that many drills, usually just do like 5-6 in between each exam I do. I did about 20-30 drills then went straight into exams then came back to do more drills. Right now I've probably done like 50 drills most on S2 and S3.

trea99

HSC
Don't stress too much man. I started exams pretty late as well. I did like 5 exams in the past 2 months because I stopped doing them during half yearlies. I don't think drills and full length exams are any different in terms of teaching you anything. You'd learn the exact same things you would from drills or eureka or whatever than from exams, the only thing you miss out on is the experience of a full length exam and the percentiles which are super dodgy anyway.
Good luck, there's still 3 weeks left.

nire

HSC
hey everyone, newbie here, im sitting the umat this year as well but i can give an insight regarding ME percentiles.
ill use my best two scores from exam 2 and 8 as an indicator (keep in mind these are by best two scores) usually my scores are all over the place haha inconsistent af. :(
the percentiles are highly dependent on the exam your doing tbh, as an example:
for ME exam 2
section 1
38/48 equalled 87th percentile
however in ME exam 8
for the exact same score (38/48) the percentile was 91

s3 in ME 2 was 35/42 which equated to 99th percentile but in exam 8 37/42 equated 95th.

so hopefully this will give some insight into the variaton in percentile. as mentioned earlier, ME percentiles are really unpredicatable and most of time arent a good indicator of performance so dont get disheartened (advice i should learn to take haha). the raw scores are what will give the best estimate at where you are.
side note all exams where done within the time limit.

trea99

HSC
God dam mate, those scores are so good. What are your overall raw scores usually like and what percentiles do you get?
I rarely break the 90s overall. My highest was 95 with 36, 30, 29 overall in exam 6 which gave me 75%ile when I first did it (might've changed) but usually I get in the 88-92 range. Pretty worried after seeing your marks lol

Btw, any tips on improving s3?
Did you just do all the drills or a lot of eureka?

Mach_1

HSC
thats some beast s3 percentiles gj.
that actually isnt too much variation compared to what ive scored:
ME 2 s1 33/48 = 63%ile
ME 3 s1 34/48 = 74%ile
ME 2 s2 27/44 = 79%ile
ME 3 s2 23/44 = 37%ile

nire

HSC
haha thanks mate, nothing brilliant, trying to come back from a deposit after my horrid performance last year in the umat, s3 is one you defs can improve. i recall the very first exam i did last year i got 10/42. so practice definately help. usually drills and eureka is what i did.

and like i said before my scores tend to vary alot. i can crack the 90s most of the time. with some scattered in the 80s here and there. for exam 2 and 8, my overall scores were 105 and 103 respectively. the percentiles were 99th and 93rd respectively

for the extra 5 exams, i didnt do too well, either with the majority in most of them, one or two where i was above, and one where i was below :(. however these are difficult exams, wouldnt reccomend as they are detrimental to your confidence. :)

like i mentioned it really depends on what exam, and the difficulty of them. your scores are pretty great man being able to consistently get between 88-92 is quite an achievement, im sure youll do great this year. keep on persisting.

ps. don't stress to much about other peoples scores, keep hold on to your confidence as umat is 50% a mental game. and keep in mind luck does play a factor in some of these exams ive done ( especially with certain 50/50s). regardless hope we both do really well this year :)

Last edited:

trea99

HSC
Thanks a ton for the advice!
Good luck to you as well mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)