UMAT Number (1 Viewer)

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Make sure you get there early if you want to sit down for a while before the exam...the line to get in is absolutely insane.

I have heard people say, though, that they got there early, sat down and nearly fell asleep while waiting for everyone else to sign in. I guess it's up to you to decide what would suit you better.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Damm Skywalker, some great marks you got there. So how many people actually sit this UMAT exam?

korry

HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
I got my UMAT number today with the location of the Exam. Mine's in Glebe and i have to be there at 8am :eek: :(

oh hey I'm doing mine there too and at the same time =)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hav a good brekky
clear ure bowel
.. sleep well
just do things to reassure ure confidence and prevent problems..
plan ure time well so nothin can go wrong?
as sed on another forum.. like a couple of thousand ppl sit this test on the same day in 2 sessions.. so dun let tat overwhelm u

general exam advice =)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
GoodLuck Peeps!!! yeah the line 2 get in is mad :mad: .......n heaps of ppl do this exam !!!

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Yes, get up early and get to the testing centre early and be prepared to stand (or sit) in line for quite some time. While ur waiting, dont worry about the exam too much, but make sure u focus ur mind on the task ahead.
And, oh yeah, dress in layers, and drink sufficient amount of fluids (i.e water) and empty ur bladder before the exam starts!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you have a BoS shirt...wear it! :D

I haven't got mine yet, but I haven't checked the mail either. Anyway, I'm not stressed since I've done this all before... just relax. :)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
I got my UMAT number today with the location of the Exam. Mine's in Glebe and i have to be there at 8am :eek: :(
same here, bugger 8am, i'll be half asleep :( who can find shapes when they're sleepy? lol

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
AK Gumbi said:
Yes, get up early and get to the testing centre early and be prepared to stand (or sit) in line for quite some time. While ur waiting, dont worry about the exam too much, but make sure u focus ur mind on the task ahead.
And, oh yeah, dress in layers, and drink sufficient amount of fluids (i.e water) and empty ur bladder before the exam starts!
What he said... the lines are unbelievably long... and you have to get processed and stuff... you're listed alphabetically... and don't stress too much cos it won't get you anywhere

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, I checked the mail and got my ticket. Sorry guys, I'm in at 1400! :p

Anyone going to be there with me?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yep ak has some excellent tips there.i found that i was busting to go to the loo thru section one, which could explain my dismal score.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
haha hardly, it was my worst section. Hows Sydney at the moment? I just came back...

Wohzazz

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Well, I checked the mail and got my ticket. Sorry guys, I'm in at 1400! :p

Anyone going to be there with me?
Mines at Glebe at 2pm too. Lexi, aren't you like at uni now so why are you doing the UMAT. Correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, don't the times discrepencies discredits the 8am people? Did i mention how i'm so happy i got 2pm, dont have to wake up at 6 when my eye's half open

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You're absolutely right, I'm a BSc@UTS kid. I'm doing the UMAT again because my marks last year were appalling but everything else was quite promising, so I'm hoping with a lot more work this year I'll get in second time around.

Remember, the minimum academic level of UMAT candidates is current year 12 student, there's no apparent ceiling. :uhhuh:

If I got 0800 again this year I would have been leaving at 0600...but strangely I wasn't too fussed about it at all this time around. I was actually surprised to get the later session, but I'm slightly annoyed since now I can't go anywhere afterwards.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
LOL @ AK Gumbi and inasero
why the hell are u two tryin to up each other?
UMAT was lik a year ago pfft sif still care... :D.. how were ure exams?

UMAT was scary tho :*( but its all good now :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i have been moderating med forum since, um, one week ago? would you prefer if i didnt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)