Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sabbabbby
  • 1 Post By A1P

Thread: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1

    Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    Does anyone know the realistic ATAR requirements for mbbs at Adelaide Uni and also the number of people that apply vs how many people get in and what are some other options for med that don't require a crazy 99 ATAR

  2. #2
    Junior Member sabbabbby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofhsc12 View Post
    Does anyone know the realistic ATAR requirements for mbbs at Adelaide Uni and also the number of people that apply vs how many people get in and what are some other options for med that don't require a crazy 99 ATAR
    Check out for admission stats at Adelaide: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/news/news16821.html
    If you’re from the GWS region, uws med is 93.55 so that makes it easier opposed to the standard 95.55 for their minimum admission, and also lower umat. But still not a guarantee as you can see how competitive it is^
    Last edited by sabbabbby; 26 Nov 2017 at 9:28 PM.
    boredofhsc12 likes this.
    Neuroscience fella

    2018 Sci (Neuroscience) @ University of Sydney

    2017’ HSC alumni

  3. #3
    A1P
    A1P is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofhsc12 View Post
    Does anyone know the realistic ATAR requirements for mbbs at Adelaide Uni and also the number of people that apply vs how many people get in and what are some other options for med that don't require a crazy 99 ATAR
    Adelaide receives around 2,500 applications from which they interview 800 for 120 places. There's no clear-cut realistic ATAR, since it counts 40% of the final ranking even high 99s (although having somewhat higher chances) can easily fail to get in if they are not adequate in the other 20%+40% UMAT/Interview.

    This link gives the general info > http://medstudentsonline.com.au/foru...andards.31845/

    WSU JMP UTAS are schools where ATAR (being a hurdle not counted toward final ranking) has the lowest influence, but as a result the requirements on UMAT and Interview are much higher.
    boredofhsc12 likes this.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    hey buy,

    i think its 40% umat, 40% interview and only 20% atar. i think u said it the other way around.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    bud*

  6. #6
    Junior Member sabbabbby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Undergrad med at Adelaide Uni and others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Needhelp102 View Post
    hey buy,

    i think its 40% umat, 40% interview and only 20% atar. i think u said it the other way around.
    lol it depends on the uni how much each is weighted. But if we're talking about adelaide here, its 40% atar & interview and 20% umat.
    Neuroscience fella

    2018 Sci (Neuroscience) @ University of Sydney

    2017’ HSC alumni

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •