Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interstate and International Admissions - updated

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Interstate and International Admissions - updated

I heard that it aint too bad first year, all you need is a pass for first year as it is not counted in the overall scheme of things.

HSC

Hi, i'm going monash uni for 06 med, and i'm gonna be living in melbourne by myself (it feels so daunting), so i wanted to ask u about living in melb

i was wondering weither it's better to live on shared accom near the campus, or living in the city( cost would be higher in city right?)

i mean clayton looked like a hole the day i went to enrole, is there even any shopping centre's around that place , but it seems like the only place i can say at for a newbie moving into melb

so based on ur experience is first year really really really hard, cause i've heard from all these ppl about high flunk out rates at med first year
    well living in clayton vs. living in the city has pros and cons...you'll find that most interstate students live either in mannix college (a residential college on campus) or find private share accomodation. Other alternatives are living in homestay or living by yourself in an apartment.

Those that live closer to the city are likely to incur significantly higher travel costs whether it's by public transport or catching a car as Monash uni is out in the sticks. That said, living near the campus in clayton does have advantages which i wont bother going into here since i wrote about it elsewhere.

As for pass rates...Newcastle Uni generally has the highest first year fail rate and while I'm not sure about other universities...only a few students fail in first and second year at Monash (say about 5-10 out of 200) so you can imagine you really have to try if you want to fail- I wouldn't worry about it.

HSC
    N/A

Why would Newcastle have highest first yr fail rate?
    Thanks in advance
    ATAR: 99.85
    Medicine student

HSC

if you apply for a place in medicine interstate, how would you do an interview?
    wot is hsc means?
    ACCELERATED IPT 2012 96
    HSC 2014 MX2 l ADV ENG l BUSINESS l CHEMISTRY l LEGAL STUDIES l ATAR AIM: 99.95

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrisps View Post
    if you apply for a place in medicine interstate, how would you do an interview?
    You travel there for the interview. By air or road.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information