Getting into medicine with UMAT (1 Viewer)

ThatOne

HSC
So I just finished Year 10 and am going to Year 11 next year (2018). My dream is to get into medicine after I finish Year 12 and to get into medicine you are required to do UMAT. I was just asking if it is worthwhile to study for the UMAT or is it useless this early/too much to study for (I am going to do 3u maths, 3u english, bio, chem and physics in yr 11 and I'm hoping to do 4u maths, adv english, bio and chem in Year 12). Also, if one were to study for the UMAT, how are you supposed to study for it? Anyone have some tips/advice to study effectively for it?

Thanks!

HSC
Hi!

It really depends on who you are, lol. I know people have prepared quite extensively and achieved mediocre results/people who got 100 with no prep. What you can do right now is find some practice papers and get a feel of how you are going/what you may need to work on. The UMAT is extremely close to HSC trials, so I would recommend you to work on it before July hits, and over the holidays.

S3 is the easiest to improve on btw.

Kat92

HSC
So I just finished Year 10 and am going to Year 11 next year (2018). My dream is to get into medicine after I finish Year 12 and to get into medicine you are required to do UMAT. I was just asking if it is worthwhile to study for the UMAT or is it useless this early/too much to study for (I am going to do 3u maths, 3u english, bio, chem and physics in yr 11 and I'm hoping to do 4u maths, adv english, bio and chem in Year 12). Also, if one were to study for the UMAT, how are you supposed to study for it? Anyone have some tips/advice to study effectively for it?

Thanks!
You might want to check out this article: https://gradready.com.au/posts/umat-preparation-courses/getting-organised-for-the-umat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)