Should I do med if I plan on moving to the US in the future (1 Viewer)

albert7777

HSC
Hi,

I'm interested in doing a health related degree for uni, and am aware of how long it will take etc., but my main worry is that since I want to move to the US when I'm older, would it be unwise to go into this field since I've read and IIRC the US doesn't really recognise Australian qualifications and I'll have to go through quite a long residency/further study period to be able to practice on top of my study in Aus.

So since it would take such a long time, I'd like some input on whether it would be wiser to just abandon this and choose something Law/IT related which I am less but still passionate about that offers a less tedious pathway for working in the US after a period of work in Aus? (I dont think I'll be applying to American universities for undergrad study)

Thanks

Katya1

HSC
i suggest you choose the second option, unless medicine is something you always wanted to pursue and don't see yourself being happy unless you are in this profession

mantequilla

HSC
Do your undergrad in science or pre-med or whatever, then go to med school in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)