Thread: Need help for getting into dentistry

HSC

Need help for getting into dentistry

I've always been super passionate about dentistry and don't think i'll get the ATAR+ UMAT required to get into any course because with what ive seen of 98+ ATAR requirements and extremely high UMAT percentile requirements its almost impossible for be to get in.

Despite this, I dont want to give up on my dream of being a dentist and was wondering about the post-graduate options and what degree would give me a head start on the road to becoming a dentist because even USYD doesn't recommend BOH for progressing into dentistry.
    Yea so any help wouldbe appreciated as i will do whatever it takes to get into dentistry no matter how long it'll take

HSC
    N/A

Re: Need help for getting into dentistry

Apply to JCU

and in the meantime focus on doing an undergrad you will enjoy, then prep for GAMSAT and UMAT every-year if they take non-schoool leavers and just keep applying and you will get in

Cadet
    HSC

Bump

A1P
    HSC

One possible path is do first year of any degree that suits you, stack the year with units that you are strong with, score all HDs for GPA 7 and apply to Griffith Dent (so far GPA 7 is practically assured of a place). Its last 2 Master years of the 3+2 course is full fee totaling ~$120k but you can use a Fee-Help loan and pay it back with your future income.

Thread Information