Is USYD nursing worth doing? (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hey
Interested in USYD advanced nursing but having second thoughts on the 84 cut-off ATAR. Can someone explain as to why the cut-off is significantly lower than I had imagined even though they have exhausting shift hours?
Thank you!

If anyone knows, what paths/areas can i pursue with this degree and the salary in comparison to degrees with higher ATAR cut-offs?

Frostguard

HSC
I don't know much about Nursing career paths but maybe demand for nurses is high??? The services sector is increasing so nurses and other medical/medicine related degrees may have their ATARs lowered to allow more students to get in (except med of course lol). Could also be financial related, lower ATAR for high demand degrees could attract more students idk im probs just making this up

Jolteon

HSC
Salary all the same
I see thankyou!
It's just i think TAFE also offers a nursing course so I'm wondering what's the difference between a nurse from TAFE and a nurse from University. Is there really a distinction between the two?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I see thankyou!
It's just i think TAFE also offers a nursing course so I'm wondering what's the difference between a nurse from TAFE and a nurse from University. Is there really a distinction between the two?
I believe you get a higher qualification, registered nurse which opens up more employment opportunities. And you're much more educated.

DM_10

HSC
Uni Grad
Like Frostguard said, its kinda normal for high demand jobs in specific industries to have low cut offs for university courses. So for nursing or other high demand jobs, there might be lower cutoffs than expected. If you want to become a nurse, it doesnt matter at all where u go for ur degree as long as u have one. As long as ur considered an RN regardless of how u became a nurse, ur gonna get long ass shifts trust.

Tafe - hands on experience with a lot of placements, still employable with aight pay, u get cert 3 as an AIN
Uni - After completion u r much more experienced whilst having more responsibility as an RN, u get a degree

laloola

HSC
N/A
i think registered nurse get paid more than an assistant nurse or enrolled nurse.
if you have a look at the pay guide, nurses award 2010. *Effective: 01/07/2017 Published: 28/06/2017*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)