Medicine Entry (1 Viewer)

typingtimtam

HSC
So I really want to become a doctor, I have found out only in the past yr. I completed high school in 2014 (with only a 79 ATAR). Does anyone know of any medicine programs that have mature age entry that doesn't include ATAR? Or an undergraduate degree that leads to the Doctor of Medicine?

I know you can do graduate entry but I'd definitely prefer undergraduate, just don't know if it's possible!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
So I really want to become a doctor, I have found out only in the past yr. I completed high school in 2014 (with only a 79 ATAR). Does anyone know of any medicine programs that have mature age entry that doesn't include ATAR? Or an undergraduate degree that leads to the Doctor of Medicine?

I know you can do graduate entry but I'd definitely prefer undergraduate, just don't know if it's possible!
your ATAR will not get you anywhere near med, unless you're also rural, abo, disabled, etc

there are mo med programs that have mature age

your best bet is to look at bond university or apply internationally

https://bond.edu.au/program/medical-program#fees

graduate programs require a good score in gamsat

A1P

HSC
Yes possible but how many schools you can apply to depends on your undergrad GPA (incomplete or completed). Most require you to sit the UCAT test.

JMP: GPA 4.3+ completed degree or 4.8+ incomplete
WSU: 5.6+ completed, 6.1+ incomplete
Curtin: completed degree only, 6+ to be competitive
JCU: incomplete or completed, 6+ to be competitive, UCAT not required.

You can see more details in the section for non-standards in this table
> https://medstudentsonline.com.au/fo...-selection-criteria-y12s-non-standards.31845/

clementinez

HSC
N/A
Bit of a delayed post, but I just wanted to clarify: Med degrees are either undergraduate (and look at ATAR) or postgraduate (and look at GPA).
Your best bet is to complete an undergraduate degree, sit the GAMSAT and apply for a postgraduate MD. Somebody suggested you apply internationally but honestly, with that ATAR, don't waste your time (no disrespect or anything, it just won't cut it at any credible school).
Definitely don't give up though. You've still got a shot if you do well in an undergraduate degree. Maybe apply to something like Nursing/Speech Path/OT/Radiography or if your ATAR's not enough for those then consider Health Sciences because that will set you up well for postgraduate allied health programs as an employable fallback in health in case medicine doesn't work out because even top students can get rejected. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)