Why do interns feel superior to nurses? (1 Viewer)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Why do interns in hospitals feel and act superior to nurses who have had over 15 years experience in the emergency departments?

My mother is a registered nurse, and if it wasn't for her quick thinking, and her medical knowledge, some of the patients would be dead due to intern's making mistakes.

I am just posting this thread so that any new med graduates understand that they actually should learn a thing or two from the nurses with 15 years real life experience when they finally get there internships.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
sadly its tru..

but for interns they are directly responsible for the patients in hospital.. they prescribe the drugs and choose course of treatment and investigations.. something tat not all nurses are suppose to do..

nurses do an important role but if a patient dies usualli its not a nurse ppl blame.. its the doctor/intern.. they report about it to a board of senior doctors.. to modify protocol..

but the interns and registrars i kno and my aunties are RN too, .. say that in hospital- life experience will not save u from gettin ure arses smack-down by a senior clinician if ure reason was "cos a nurse told me to do it"... unless the nurse has a clear reason and its within the nurse's training..

mostly it depends on the situation.. interns are newbs..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
true...on rural week i went to latrobe regional hospital and the head nurse there said that if you're nice to the they'll let u do cool stuff and bend over backwards for you...i'm sure that 15 years of experience can't go astray :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)