Interview offers.. (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Wat did u get?
UNSW
ADEL

should be out soon..
last yr i had a couple and all of them clashed..
lik adel at 12pm and monash at 2pm and newcastle at 11am..on the same day ..

which would be possible.. if there wasnt a 1/2 hr delay already from adel.. and the distance

University of Adelaide

Hey - I got an interview for Adelaide (did the UNSW one last week) - does anyone know what their interviews are like? What sort of things do they ask? Is it as relaxed as UNSW? I'm not overly keen to get into Adelaide but I should give it my best shot - so anyone with any suggestions - I'd love to hear them!

NichNich

HSC
Joytotheworld, may I ask when did you get your Adelaide interview please? Was it a few days ago? And which state do you live in?

I got a UNSW interview through e-mail today..... which is very odd... asking me for an interview in early December. So since I got a UNSW interview, I hope to get an adelaide one too... so I'm interested to see whether anyone else got an Adelaide interview, and when they are posted out...

Any help would be great, many thanks!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i rescheduled to spread it over 2 weeks

most ppl will get it by thurs next week.. i kno a couple given out in NSW on friday..for MBBS and BDS

adel is not lik UNSW.. :D
BDS and MBBS are similar style.. but its suppose to change yr to yr..
(i got offered both)
its more stressful.. since the rooms are also older lookin and the sound carries..
only tips i can think of..

remember that the selection process is different in all unis..

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
u got a unsw offer today? as in on a weekend?! omg damn!!!!! :'( i wanted one of those :'( :'(

aditya

HSC
u got a unsw offer today? as in on a weekend?! omg damn!!!!! :'( i wanted one of those :'( :'(

just to make sure

are u talking abotu fo-op scholarships? like accounting, finance, mining engineering bit?!!??!!

aditya

HSC

just to make sure

are u talking abotu fo-op scholarships? like accounting, finance, mining engineering bit?!!??!!

NichNich

HSC
Yeah, I got an offer through e-mail this morning..... was sent at like 8-30 something... mary stringer must feel sorry for me... lol... since I repeated UMAT, and still sucked :p

Adelaide interviews

That's not all that weird to get a later interview offer - probably some people who were offerred main round interviews either didn't turn up or didn't want them anymore, so they're extending more invitations to fill those places.

I got my adelaide letter on Friday. I haven't actually seen it yet cos I haven't been home but my dad read it out to me over the phone - it just says that I'm being offerred an 'oral assessment' which will be held some early week in december and they'll write soon to tell me when it is exactly.

I'm from NSW, so hoping to get into Newcastle or UNSW!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
What? They're doing an oral examination on you?

No offers for me yet, but I didn't apply to UNSW or Adelaide. Waiting on JCU, UWA and Newcastle. The others I applied to (Tasmania, Melbourne) don't interview.

What? Melbourne uni doesn't interview? I so thought they did - lol I think I've applied for so many unis I've lost track!

Haha and yes, they describe it as an 'oral assessment'. Exactly the same as an interview but I think they're just trying to sound cool. Like my school called detentions 'executive detentions' instead of normal detentions. Makes no difference except makes them feel important!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
congrats..
haha oral assessment.. as opposed to a written one.. :p
so an interview..

an oral examination around a med school means they are going to take a look at your teeth .. nice work there lexi..

melb uni doesnt offer interviews.. and when u do meet the ppl there.. u will notice a mark difference in personalities with other unis.. :).. on a separate note.. if ure in med anywhere.. be prepared to meet arrogant jerks.. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah I know, that was my point. :p

I had to take out the comment about being treated like horses though, for fear of obscurity and subsequent ridicule.

As for arrogant jerks, they make the best buddies to learn Physical Examination skills on (sticking needles, inserting catheters...) as long as you let them go FIRST.

mmm well all in all I'm rather more keen to get into Newcastle or NSW. It's kinda dumb for Melbourne to use the umat but not do interviews. The UMAT shows very little, i believe, about an applicant's true aptitude and willingness for medicine. Its probably a mark of pure laziness :eek:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
an melb is the premier research uni in aust in terms of spending...
(i realise bout ANU as a good one too)
and researchers dun need to talk to ppl just be smart lolz

lol If I had a clue what that abhorrant use of grammer was trying to express I'd probably be in a better position to reply!
Wow, I've never been on the net so much. Being lonely is not fun!! :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
haha ok fine i dun use much english or punctuation any more.. its all dot pts..
melb does not see the need for interviews in becoming doctors.. most communication skills are taught as a subject- more than other unis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)