Comprehensive list of medical interview questions (all unis) here! (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Sorry! Over the past few weeks I've had a couple of people ask me for the exact questions. Unfortunately, I don't believe in a prepared interview as it would defeat the purpose and give unfair advantages to some people over others. Furthermore, it doesn't reflect well on one's possible future as a trusted member of the medical fraternity. Please don't PM regarding this. I would be more than happy to help you out re: structuring your response and general interview technique. If you have any questions fire away and I'll make my best effort to answer relevant queries in this thread.

Your friendly quasi-mod, inasero (Monash)

(hey lexi sticky this!)

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Hang on I've got a great question from Adelaide's medical interview for you to answer:

"What would you do if your UAI was too low to get you into university?"

I'd like to know how you'd answer something as redundant as that. I didn't know what to say when they asked me that; I still don't believe people from Adelaide can be that stupid.

BTW inasero your title thread title is extremely misleading.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Skywalker said:
Hang on I've got a great question from Adelaide's medical interview for you to answer:

"What would you do if your UAI was too low to get you into university?"

I'd like to know how you'd answer something as redundant as that. I didn't know what to say when they asked me that; I still don't believe people from Adelaide can be that stupid.

BTW inasero your title thread title is extremely misleading.
im impressed.. u think i may actualli have brains?
btw i think the question was :
"What would you do if your TER was too low to get you into medicine at adelaide?"
but if it were uni.. id try and become a locksmith- challenging and requires skill :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
speaking of which, my brother has a lockpicking safe. The little bugger opened my safe! :scared:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Eh Wilson...you're a mod too, so why didn't you stick it yourself?

Just so everyone knows, I'm happy for people to post the common, more general questions (see post above) to help people know what they should think about before walking in. However, any very specific questions will be deleted - I consider a verbatim account of your interview experience as inviting others to cheat.

Question: "Since you want to help people, why wouldn't you rather do physiotherapy, dentistry or nursing?"

This question surprised me last year. I hadn't thought enough about it, and had to sort my thoughts on the spot. In the end I stumbled out an answer they seemed to be happy with.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
im impressed.. u think i may actualli have brains?
btw i think the question was :
"What would you do if your TER was too low to get you into medicine at adelaide?"
but if it were uni.. id try and become a locksmith- challenging and requires skill :)
LOL not you - I meant people who go through the Adelaide high school system. And I'm definitely sure it was "what if you didn't get into university" because I was rather taken aback by the question.

Oh and can I view your scrubs collection? They started airing it again this week and it's the first time I've ever watched it - it's pretty good. I love the fact that it has no laugh track.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
most of the worrying questions ppl will hav about the scenerios that certain med schools give..
just deal with them in ure own way.. cos lots of ppl hav different techniques.. that may or may not work :D

yes scrubs is good
muahahah... if u want.. but i lik dunno if i hav all of them in syd.. actualli some of the 2nd yrs hav used scrubs as a way to deal with graduate capabilities (UNSW)..Competencies(Adel) etc.. its quite funni.. but certain med students dun lik it ..*sigh*..

Keen

MD
HSC
Scrubs - LOVE IT!

I just finished watching (yesterday) Series 3 which I hadn't watched. So now I'm all up to date to Series 4 ep 11 (and getting the new ones).
It really is an insigtful look into medicine and a pretty funny show at that too (but series 2 was the best).

Keen

BTW Good luck with interviews

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Damnit, I'm the only non-med in this thread.

And I haven't finished Series III of Scrubs either.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
we can make u an honorary med student since you're around so much of the time anyways lol

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, and I have a better stethoscope than everyone...but alas, I am not at your level.

(I know this because unlike you I can't take medical histories)

:p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the littman II is hardly what I would call a 'good' stethoscope...nonetheless I don;t have one so what am I saying lolz

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey I didn't say "good", I said "better". :p

Anyway, it's Littmann Classic II. :D

(I feel like I'm so not getting in :()

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Everybody I know has that or better...a couple of people have Cardiology Masters.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Skywalker said:
Everybody I know has that or better...a couple of people have Cardiology Masters.
and if u turn up to med school with one of those.. ull get beaten up by the clinical and older students for being a try-hard... :p
srsly... i only kno one person with a nice steth..but mines blue :D

inasero

Reborn
HSC
littman II and littman Classic II are the same thing.

yeah Alvin true that, but as you know...everybody in med are tryhards. We wouldn';t be there if we weren't :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)