Umat Help!!! (1 Viewer)

>monkey<

HSC
hey guys can ne one gimme sum hints about beating section 3 of umat...i think im fine in section 1 n 2 but i cant even get a single shape in section 3...and dont say dallas' superkeen eye cozz that just sucks!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The shapes are being phased out in 2005 or 2006. In 2003 50% of §III were findashape questions, whereas in 2004 only the first 11 were of that form. The rest of the questions were sequence questions, and I highly recommend you practice those instead.

If you would like to prepare for those, most people recommend getting some mind puzzle books from Mensa. I've tried a few of those and they're pretty close to what I saw this year in §III.

>monkey<

HSC
thanx...umm are there ne specific books u recommend??
and how about sections 1 and 2..are dallas' and amepp notes good for them or have they changed as well??...if they have how can i prepare for them

jessum

HSC
well i did dallas, and i did umat (obviously) and the only thing that was good about his course in my opinion was superkeeneye. and that didnt end up helping all that much, coz the stupid sequence questions took over this year. with superkeeneye i think u just gotta practice
and for section 1 and 2, i got all the questions wrong at the dallas prep course thing, so i was like bummer im gunna suck, and i made up my mind to just answer the questions my way, with my own common sense, ie not using his stupid procedures. and i ended up with 96 and 95 percentiles in section 1 and 2. so his ways are crap in my opinion.
but maybe he's good for other people.. i dont know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)