Final Round Med Interview Offers? (1 Viewer)

hmm?

meh...im devastated... i got 99.7 and (what i thought) was (kinda) an alright UMAT score and i didnt even receive an offer (at UNSW).
its feeped up.
gosh -> anyone share the same feelings or have any advice on what to do next?

*upset smiley*

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yep. but you can just go the graduate way but you dont have the security of being in the course

hmm?

haha - im such a loser!
um i got 162 - and yea did a prep course (haha - imagine if i hadnt!?)

hmm?

i did the AMEPP one. I actually thought it was very good (being heaps reluctant in the 1st place (dumshit)) - espesh 4 sect 3 which, beforehand, i couldnt answer at all (no exaggeration) - the work books are pretty good - i think it just also gives u that extra bit of confidence and knowing that uve done everything a could have to try to get it so u dont regret nething.
hmm?

>monkey<

HSC
yeaaah....doesnt matter buddy as long as u gave it ur best shot and u neva knooow one day ull prolly get in...try out post grad or sumtin..or even combined med and USYD
im starting yr 12 a d moment n wanna get into med!! lol ...i dunno wat prep course to do for umat...im thinkin MedEntry..u know ne one thats done it or ne thing about it?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i did a prep course and i got goodish scores (percentiles) but i cant remember the actual scores. i got like 72/70/98 which aint terrible but meh. i was sick on the day and could have done better but under the bridge

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
umm melb might.. have been an option.. but u need a high UAI and higher UMAT if those are percentiles.. their ENTER stream..

umm higher UMAT.. adel, UNSW, monash.. might take u..

try UMAT again next yr?

georgia86

Realistically, does anyone know what sort of combined UMAT/UAI/Interview score you have to get to get into UNSW and/or UNCLE for med?

My UAI was a bit lower than estimated (98.85) and umat score 195 - anyone wise in these matters know if it is still worth hoping for one of the nsw unis?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
newcastle puts all other med schools to shame .. crap.. its course is quite good from doctors perspective.. assuming they dun talk about their own alma matar..

the only satisfaction i get is that its in the sticks.. hehe

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
lolz actualli i compare it to UQ UNSW Monash Melb and adel..
ive seen them all.. newcastle is the sticks :p oh and JCU too ..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've only seen Newcastle, NSW, USyd and UTS, and give me Newcastle any day of the week, we're Australia's 6th largest city, the largest non-capital city, we have all the benefits of city living, without the consequences...at least we don't have smog! (well, less, at least)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
or, perhaps, she is just shit, regardless of uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)