Stat + Uai (1 Viewer)

deadegg_egghead

hey world, a question for the STAT smarts out there. my uai was pisspoor, below 50, my percentile STAT score was 85. Does anyone know anything about STAT and whether or not this score will get me into a university? Any of the Sydney/Newcastle based ones anyway.

Or should I give up now and kill false hopes?
Thanks!

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Ur UAI has to be over last years cut off , to be able to use your STAT , if I am not mistaken.

S

Shuter

Timesplitter 01 said:
Ur UAI has to be over last years cut off , to be able to use your STAT , if I am not mistaken.
Doesn't that virtually defeat the purpose of it?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
No, not RET. As a mature age student, there are three ways they can judge you.. STAT results (If the Uni accepts them), UAI or Limited UAI, or prior tertiary study. They pick the best of these to use.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
are we considered mature age students at 21? I thought it was 24

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Donshe said:
What you are trying to say sounds like RET. But even then, you're totally way off.

STAT- An exam needed for some courses such as Pharmacy (Think of it as the UMAT for other courses)

RET- A test which combines the STAT test and another written test making up the RET. RET is only for UWS uni courses. If your RET score is higher then your UAI then it can make a contribution towards gaining entry at a UWS course which you may have missed cut off for.
Oh sorry, I was a bit wrong. It can not be more than 10 UAI points below the 2004 cut off

How will my RET result be considered?
Students will be given a competitive rank based on their performance in the test that can work like a UAI in allocating offers to UWS. For this rank to be used students must:

achieve a UAI* of no more than 10 points below the 2004 published cut-off** for the UWS course to which they wish to be considered.***
list a UWS course/s as one of their preferences to UAC.
Once students have satisfied the criteria, their RET score – if higher than their UAI* – will be used during the 2005 UAC offer rounds.
* IB students will be able to phone UWS to convert their IB Diploma to a rank equivalent to the UAI.

** Published UAI cut-offs are local HECS based course cut-off's. In the case of new courses offered for the first time in 2005, UWS will nominate a cut-off for RET purposes.

*** Note: 10 points are NOT added to either the UAI* result or the RET score.
source

http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminorg/academic/oar/info/admissions/regionalentrytests

And yes I did get confused between STAT and RET , sorry.

deadegg_egghead

Thanks guys for your help, even if i did confuse a few. So basically it's pretty sure I won't get into a uni based on STAT alone? This year that is anyway, so i'll have to wait until i turn 21? god damn that's a long way away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)