• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

little help?? (1 Viewer)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
i cannot find any sort of information on this point from the syllabus...

- the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems by many Aboriginal people

...and we had a question exactly like this in the CSSA trial but i cannot seem to find any notes on it, so if anyone has the slightest peice of information on it or any notes could i please see them if its not too much trouble.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I don't think you're looking hard enough, if not, you haven't looked at all.

There's heaps of notes out there on this. Look for 'Rainbow Spirit Theology' if you're so confused

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
for the record..i did look! but i looked in my notes for it..and i also looked on that NSW HSC ONLINE thing from the csu site and it doesnt have SOR...so i dont know where else to look...thats why i asked if anyone knows wer i could find some info..and what the hell is rainbow spirit theology

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
pRiNCesS..!! said:
for the record..i did look! but i looked in my notes for it..and i also looked on that NSW HSC ONLINE thing from the csu site and it doesnt have SOR...so i dont know where else to look...thats why i asked if anyone knows wer i could find some info..and what the hell is rainbow spirit theology
lol...try the notes section here on BoS or you can try the CSU site but under Aboriginal Studies not SOR
or try the Macquarie book (or any of the textbooks for that matter)

and Rainbow Spirit Theologogy is one of the things you should be looking for. If you havent heard of it, you werent been paying attention as its integral to integration.

Like was said, I dont think you have really looked at all as there is plenty for this on the main SOR forum...just look back or across a couple of pages for example....

HSC
I figured that I could kinda go over notes by typing to you my notes and the notes from the textbook. Feel free to use these, or you can listen to the other people and look for yourself.

DIVERSITY OF EXPRESSION OF ABORIGINAL BELIEF SYSTEMS AND SPIRITUALITY TODAY.
Rainbow Spirit Theology
Rainbow Spirit theology is a term applied to one attempt to integrate Christian beliefs with Aboriginal Spirituality. A number of Aboriginal Christian leaders from the Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran and Uniting Churches met for the discussions in 1994 and 1995 and developed several ideas. Some saw the theology as an attempt by Christians to absorb Aboriginal culture; others as syncretism and akin to heresay; while for others it was a good attempt to reconcile the two.

INTEGRATION OF CHRISTIANITY AND ABORIGINAL BELIEF SYSTEMS.
By the beginning of the 21st century, there had been several generations of Christian missionary activity among and by Aboriginal people. The Christian scriptures have been translated into Aboriginal languages and are used by Aboriginal clergy and laypeople. Aboriginal people have studied theology at graduate and post graduate levels. These factors have helped the development of Indigenous Christian Theology. If there are oppisite principals in Christian and Indigenous theology then there must be efforts to reconcile or syncretise them. More often, Aboriginal theologians have used the symbols and rituals from their own Indigenous culture to express their Christian theology. The integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems into an Indigeous contextualised theology has been one of the most significant Australian contributions to the Christian theology in the past 30 years. For many Aboriginal people today, the old ways are taking new significance. Aboriginal people may combine belief in the Christian God with the Aboriginal concept of the earth mother.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
thank you for that..and yes i did look but as i said i only looked through my notes and on CSU i didnt realise that the aboriginal studies would have any relevance to the SOR topic,so sorry! i didnt look at anything on this becuse i didnt know that you could look at actualy topics on here so sorry AGAIN!..plus i thought this site was here to ask for help not get blasted for not knowing where else to look..but thank you

HSC
Hey, it's cool. You got anything else we can talk about... like to do with SoR...? Cos I'm loosing focus just going over notes and stuff...

Danoz The Great

HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
thank you for that..and yes i did look but as i said i only looked through my notes and on CSU i didnt realise that the aboriginal studies would have any relevance to the SOR topic,so sorry! i didnt look at anything on this becuse i didnt know that you could look at actualy topics on here so sorry AGAIN!..plus i thought this site was here to ask for help not get blasted for not knowing where else to look..but thank you
This site is to assist you when you've looked everywhere else BEFORE asking a question/scabbing notes etc - this means textbooks, syllabus, google, and the resources page.

I could tell you hadn't even bothered with the textbook because you should've found your 'answer' no problem.
And if you typed the dotpoint in google, something for sure would've come up.
Same with the resources page, you'd surely get a hit.

I was blasting you for a legitimate reason. bye

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
If you only looked at your notes and at CSU, then of course you wont find any information.

It this statement that we are basing our comments on.
If you read this thread in the main forum http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=65288 (noting points 4 and 6), you would see why you got such a response as its obvious that you havent *really* looked at all!

Anyway, enough- there is plenty of info on this in the resources section *if you look*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)