What's the grill-to-boy ratio for both Computer Science AND Software Engineering? (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
UNSW say they have one of the top percentages of women in engineering, in their courses.

astroman

HSC
I know UTS give's a shit ton of bonus points for girls wanting to do engineering and science degrees so there will be some.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
UNSW say they have one of the top percentages of women in engineering, in their courses.
Yeah wait until you walk into the wrong lecture and find yourself amongst circuits and mechanical systems.

There are better ratios in quite a few other areas of engineering though.

astroman

HSC
Yeah wait until you walk into the wrong lecture and find yourself amongst circuits and mechanical systems.

There are better ratios in quite a few other areas of engineering though.
Biomedical, chemical, and renewables i guess?

CaptainPrice

HSC
I've found it around 65/35 in my experience, no where near the extremities of how much the engineering memes convey haha

sharoooooo

HSC
I know UTS give's a shit ton of bonus points for girls wanting to do engineering and science degrees so there will be some.
are there bonus points for girls who do Engineering courses?
i thought there were just scholarships for 'women in engineering'??

sharoooooo

HSC
whats the girl:guy ratio for Civil Engineering? (in particular UNSW Civil if anyone knows)
im just curious

HSC
don't all unis give bonus points for females to get into engineering courses?
for science not really

I only know one girl from previous years who took this opportunity and got into civil engineering. Still going strong

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I have never heard of gender based bonus points before at UNSW. If they exist, provide evidence please to avoid leaving people confused.

However I know that there are some gender exclusive scholarships. Those definitely do exist.

keepLooking

HSC
I don't think gender based bonus points exists, but there are like at least 3 scholarships per uni for Women in Engineering.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I'll tell you what is silly, they have engineering scholarships for women, but most these scholarships don't include software or computer science. And if it includes software, it doesn't include computer science.

Are there already a lot of women in computer science or something? Why have scholarships for software engineering but not computer science?
probs cos there is a stigma about women and engineering but not an equivalent stigma about women and computer science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)