COMP1917 Exam thoughts? (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
That flustered me really badly, I ran out of time and it seemed like every question was way harder than previous years

Flop21

HSC
Yeah I sympathy marked the last two. Theory was much harder than last years.

How much of the prac did you do?

turntaker

HSC
It's probably copyrighted; not sure though cause exams get exposed online all the time.
Copyrighted? Lol

Not like I'm gonna make copies and sell them in an alleyway.

leehuan

HSC
Copyrighted? Lol

Not like I'm gonna make copies and sell them in an alleyway.
That's not what i meant.

This is a public forum. It's the same concept as if you shared CSSA trial papers on here.

Like I said, it's probably copyrighted.

keepLooking

HSC
I managed to get both the pracs (triangle and simplify). Triangle could be done within minutes whereas simplify was a little more tricking with the last test. On the other hand, I got absolutely rekt by the theory.

@turntaker, https://github.com/Cyberbully/COMP1917-14s1

Those are some questions made by a tutor of COMP1917. (Note: the difficulty is nowhere as hard as the test we did today)

Flop21

HSC
I managed to get both the pracs (triangle and simplify). Triangle could be done within minutes whereas simplify was a little more tricking with the last test. On the other hand, I got absolutely rekt by the theory.

@turntaker, https://github.com/Cyberbully/COMP1917-14s1

Those are some questions made by a tutor of COMP1917. (Note: the difficulty is nowhere as hard as the test we did today)
But there was a third one hahaha.

Yeah I got triangle, and 1/3 of the simplify one if they go in manually and check the bug fixes. And 1 sympathy mark lol.

keepLooking

HSC
Let's not count the microprocessor one. I'm hoping no-one in the year got it so that it won't be counted. :)

Flop21

HSC
Hmmm, well I definitely need to practice ADTs and more complicated programming over the holidays. And programming/problem solving faster.

keepLooking

HSC
Talking about programming/problem solving faster, what did you guys do for your Something Awesome? There were quite a bunch of people doing like hackerrank/project euler for "problem solving".

Flop21

HSC
Talking about programming/problem solving faster, what did you guys do for your Something Awesome? There were quite a bunch of people doing like hackerrank/project euler for "problem solving".
yeah I did leetcode

but I'm not going to talk about that since I did barely anything for my something awesome and dunno if I'll get a pass for it lol

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Anyone know if they do suppl exams if you got rekt in the final for 1917?

Mr_Kap

HSC
ill probably have to retake 1917 next sem.lol.

Mr_Kap

HSC
resume + linked lists hopefully will pull us through from failing overall
i failed linked lists. I should get HD for resume hopefully.Was pretty mint.
so yeh no chance of passing. Ill just do 1917 next sem, and 1927 sem 1 next year

Flop21

HSC
so yeh no chance of passing. Ill just do 1917 next sem, and 1927 sem 1 next year
Oh wow really? Linked lists was super tough. Did you not get 10/20? Either way, doesn't matter - it's a tough course.

Might be fun doing it again + they teach it differently, no resumes.

D94

HSC
N/A
Isn't there a second chance for passing the practical component?

Although by the sounds of what Flop is saying, it is different to other years. My year was a pass/fail, no marks for the linked lists practical test. If students couldn't get it in the 1 hour official exam time, there was another day dedicated to a second chance at passing the practical component. I think I spent around 4-5 hours working it out.

Flop21

HSC
Isn't there a second chance for passing the practical component?

Although by the sounds of what Flop is saying, it is different to other years. My year was a pass/fail, no marks for the linked lists practical test. If students couldn't get it in the 1 hour official exam time, there was another day dedicated to a second chance at passing the practical component. I think I spent around 4-5 hours working it out.
Yeah there were 3 tries for the prac exam.

All pass or fail. But the last one had a chance to get half marks / full / zero. So if you passed the easier tests, you got half marks.

First two were tricky, last one for me was much much easier since I'd practised a lot due to failing the first two.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Yeah there were 3 tries for the prac exam.

All pass or fail. But the last one had a chance to get half marks / full / zero. So if you passed the easier tests, you got half marks.

First two were tricky, last one for me was much much easier since I'd practised a lot due to failing the first two.
same the last one was so good, wasn't the 10/20 literally firstwillbelast from previous years too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)