Computer science contact hours (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
How many days (and hours if possible) on average would I be looking to spend at UNSW for B Computer Science? Also how many hours per day on average do I spend for homework?

Flop21

HSC
Probably 4 if you're lucky and squash everything in (some people get 3 if they really jam it all in). They'll be pretty full days though I'd say.

E.g. 1st year math has 2x 1 hour tutorials, 4 hours of lectures. Comp has 4 hours of lectures, 1 hour tutorial, 2 hour lab.

It's hard to explain without listing everything you'll have to do.

It's not the worst degree in terms of work load (some of the sciences have labs which add on a lot of contact hours), but definitely not as light as Arts.

keepLooking

HSC
For the amount of days, you would be lucky to get 4 per week (this of course depends on what subjects you pick.)

The amount of time you need on homework really depends on how good you are at maths.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Not much after 1st year

Depends on how efficient you are with assignments

Flop21

HSC
So if I'm 'unlucky' I'd go to uni for 5 days? In that case should I apply for Software Engineering instead lol
what lol?

You have seen the course outline for both degrees? The subjects are nearly exactly the same.

keepLooking

HSC
You would have to stay longer for the Software Engineering degree not to mention you get little flexibility from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)