Comp Sci @ UNSW - what's it like? (1 Viewer)

hiimesh

HSC
Legit sorry if this pisses anyone off coz I'm sure this has been asked before but the answers are from 2011-2012, so I'd like some more recent advice.

I'm looking to study comp sci next year at UNSW (combined with commerce). pretty confident I'll get the required ATAR, i do 4u maths, probs looking at 185-190 for 3u + 4U. I did not study anything like software development/ ICT at high, school and I dont think this will disadvantage me, but could I just have your thoughts on this.

I'd also like to know how good the facilities/lecturers are, how often you are required to actually go to university (no, I dont intend on slacking, just want to know); what the career/internship opportunities, dropout rate and just any other advice about UNSW Comp Sci, you want to mention.

Thankyou so much!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It's pretty good imo

Don't need any prior knowledge just confident in math which you say you are.

Facilities and lectures are good. 3 to 5 days university face to face time. Lots of opportunities. 5%

Flop21

HSC
You don't need to know anything prior for the comp classes. They teach you as if you know nothing (and get everyone on the same page first year).

The big thing about UNSW is that it does have a strong computing society who are very active. So you'll have opportunities through them. I know that some other unis that aren't big in computing don't have this. So I think that's a big thing UNSW CSE has going for it (community and stuff).

You only have to go to tutorials and labs. Lectures you can skip if you want.

Someone told me the business school gets funded the most, and their society seems pretty cool. So if you were wondering about your commerce part too, there you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)