CS Majors (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
What is a good major for CS that is highly sought after in the industry? I'm looking at Networks as I have an interest in setting up and configuring them, but am not sure if it is a good major for the industry.

Also, how does one declare a major? is there a deadline for declaring my major (e.g. after first year)?

Thanks

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
There really isn't a need to declare a major, you can just have computer science as your major, that way you're not limiting yourself to just networks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i1337

HSC
N/A
Sure, if you want.

I don't see the point in declaring a major in CS to be honest. You can just study the same courses you would study for the major. I can't see it making a noticeable difference for employment either.
Kinda helps you get past retards in HR who just look for buzz words

Xionel

HSC
Uni Grad
Something you might wanna consider is AWS Educate (Amazon Web Servers Educate) They're looking for people with a great amount of knowledge to hire them after universitiy and if you apply for the AWS Educate you're more likely to get an internship and stuff like that. But to answer your question, Math degree, Software Engineering degree or something to do with engineering in general is usually the best option you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)