Trying to drop Science/Comp Sci to Comp Sci but the comp sci program is not offered a (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2013/3983.html and want to drop the science to http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2017/3978.html

I've been following the syllabus for 3978 for a while and haven't been doing science electives because I knew I wanted to drop the science portion but it says 3978 is not taking any new enrolments, will this cause any problems for me? I'm gonna lose so much time if I have to drop to the other comp sci program, thanks in advance! Have emailed student services but it's the weekend now, I'm stressing out over this!

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Re: Trying to drop Science/Comp Sci to Comp Sci but the comp sci program is not offer

that is the old program, the one you should be transfering to (which is the equiv. of what you want) is 3778. Link: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2017/3778.html
But I've already been doing the old syllabus, I would lose at least a semester of time if I can't get to the old syllabus, do you know if it's possible to get to the old one? Bc I've done stuff like comp1917, comp1927 which don't exist anymore and aren't in the new syllabus while new syllabus has comp1511 and comp2521 which didn't exist in the old one

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Trying to drop Science/Comp Sci to Comp Sci but the comp sci program is not offer

But I've already been doing the old syllabus, I would lose at least a semester of time if I can't get to the old syllabus, do you know if it's possible to get to the old one? Bc I've done stuff like comp1917, comp1927 which don't exist anymore and aren't in the new syllabus while new syllabus has comp1511 and comp2521 which didn't exist in the old one
you will get a credit transfer if they are equivelent courses

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

you will get a credit transfer if they are equivelent courses
Thanks, but will it be impossible to get into the old program? Because the new program has a lot of things that weren't equivalent with my old syllabus and I would've wasted a lot of units

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks, but will it be impossible to get into the old program? Because the new program has a lot of things that weren't equivalent with my old syllabus and I would've wasted a lot of units
well imo, don't email the CSE school; they're hopeless. Go to them in person and ask them what units will be counted for the new program and what won't be. if it is one or two (not so bad?) if not then you can catch up over the summer. I am about 98% certain that they will not let you transfer into an old program because they are trying to get everyone out of it

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

well imo, don't email the CSE school; they're hopeless. Go to them in person and ask them what units will be counted for the new program and what won't be. if it is one or two (not so bad?) if not then you can catch up over the summer. I am about 98% certain that they will not let you transfer into an old program because they are trying to get everyone out of it
Thanks, will do. Do you know if UNSW is open and some CSE staff are at the uni during this break?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks, will do. Do you know if UNSW is open and some CSE staff are at the uni during this break?
all faculty offices are open during the break during their usual hours. head over there on monday 10am to see what can be done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)