Ext. History 2007 (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
i guess its just like the title states.

Ext History 2007.

How many of you are doing it? and have started the course so far? what do you think of it? like it? or hate it?

i am doing it. but havent started the course work yet due to particular tragedy affecting my school and community.

so i guess i just want to see what people out there think of it so far if they themselves have started the work or if they havent and are doing it i guess

Dzak Helfeather

HSC
Extension History messes with the brain at 8am in the morning, but aside from that it's pretty good. Started talking about post modernism in the morning, seems like it's going to be a 12 months ahead.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah i started on tuesday morning at 8am, what case studies are you guy's doing? Im doing Elizabeth but most of my class is going to do JFK. I also got a copy of the syllabus, book of readings, a book of news articles and guides for hist ext.

If anyones doing Elizabeth I i would be willing to share info and photocopy stuff, etc.

w00dy.

HSC
Wooz said:
Yeah i started on tuesday morning at 8am, what case studies are you guy's doing? Im doing Elizabeth but most of my class is going to do JFK. I also got a copy of the syllabus, book of readings, a book of news articles and guides for hist ext.

If anyones doing Elizabeth I i would be willing to share info and photocopy stuff, etc.
i think from memory my teacher said that we might be doing elizabeth I. or something like that. from what i could understand we didnt get to choose what case study it was the teachers choice.

but i have my first ext history lesson on monday. so ill keep you posted?

sofinia

Old Gregg
HSC
w00dy. said:
elizabeth I and elizabethan period it is for the case study.

=]
and I am so jealous!!!

I started last Thursday...and we're doing JFK...should be fun besides the fact that I dislike modern history...:(

But my teacher is awesome and brings us tea and coffee to drink...
Another reason why I like extension classes...

xinxin89

HSC
I'm starting it next monday, think we're doing elizabeth I too

a question tho - with history ext, do u need to be extremely good at writing sophiticately? i look at the people in my hist ex class, they're all doing eng ex 1 & 2 as well, i'm the only one who just stick wiht the normal 2u eng. i keep thinking i'm gonna get pwned in essays by them in hist ex lol

sofinia

Old Gregg
HSC
I think you have to have love history all forms of it. But don't worry about the ext eng 1 & 2 people, in my class there is one person doing ext 2, 2 doing ext 1 (not including the ext 2 guy), and the rest are just doing advanced (there are 7 in my class).

I mean, I used to do ext 1 english...but I personally think (correct me if I'm wrong but...) that english essays are different to historical essays.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Some advice for new Hist Ext people: when you're doing your major work, keep your log up to date. You have not known hell until you've sat at your desk for three hours the night before your project is due, having just spent several hours driving in and out of the city, forging three months' worth of log entries.

I hate logs.

Well-worn advice is don't do the Kennedy assassination, Was King Arthur Real? or preferably anything to do with Hitler in the major work. It's been done before. Consult the syllabus and look at the more obscure areas that your work can reach into.

Last edited:

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
our schools starting classes next wednesday and we are doing for the case study, the origins and early development of american democracy. i cant wait to begin....cept im the only girl in the class :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
How come everyone gets to do interesting case studies? We did Churchill, which I think is like hell on earth.

God, I wish I could've done Spain and the Aztecs or Rome and the Provinces.

Dzak Helfeather

HSC
sofinia said:
I think you have to have love history all forms of it. But don't worry about the ext eng 1 & 2 people, in my class there is one person doing ext 2, 2 doing ext 1 (not including the ext 2 guy), and the rest are just doing advanced (there are 7 in my class).

I mean, I used to do ext 1 english...but I personally think (correct me if I'm wrong but...) that english essays are different to historical essays.
I suppose it's more about the way of thinking and the ideals behind it, supported by your basic essay / arguement structure that counts... right?

HSC
my ext teacher said he prefers extension english students as ' they have a more sophisticated flair when writing'. my class started last week, but i missed the first week of lessons because i was on work placement, our case study is JFK.

dunch

HSC
xinxin89 said:
I'm starting it next monday, think we're doing elizabeth I too

a question tho - with history ext, do u need to be extremely good at writing sophiticately? i look at the people in my hist ex class, they're all doing eng ex 1 & 2 as well, i'm the only one who just stick wiht the normal 2u eng. i keep thinking i'm gonna get pwned in essays by them in hist ex lol
Haha. No you wont got 'pwned' by them in essays. You do not have to write sophistacely, just keep it simple and undertandable and you will be fine. Nothign worse than reading an essay that has alot of words that do not make sense, even to markers. Write what you understand.
History Extension really is not that hard in my opinion. Just learn your historians and case study well and you will be fine.

*miranda*

HSC
I'm doing history ext for 2007 but we haven't started yet because our teacher has been away. I think we start on Monday...but I'm pretty excited! it sounds like fun!

X

xhm100

Just today we had our first History Extension lesson. All our classes are in the afternoon, we had a huge discussion about What is History, then went into the History Project and our case study, Hitler and the Appeasement. I was slightly daunted by all the theological blahblahblah for 'What is History' in our discussion. And he wouldn't stop emphasising for us to pick a History Project topic that was different and interesting, although I do have some ideas as to what I would like to study, seeing as we have to do a year long project on it, I should seriously put some effort into picking something that would keep me going for that long.

What I would like to see is perhaps maybe a list of possible History Extension project questions/topics, maybe some that people did for there’s or that they have heard about?

*emi*

HSC
i am LOVING history ext... the "what is history" question messes with your mind though
and also - getting up at 5.45 and home at 7 is REALLY LAME.

and - we are doing a pretty boring case study. thyci... something or other
i DONT DO ANCIENT..... :S
my teacher wants us to have ideas for major project in a week or so.... AND I HAVE NONE!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)