Major Works (1 Viewer)

sif not 99

What did u all do ur major work on?
My question was

How valid are the claims that acts of Genocide were committed towards Aboriginal Australians?

Anton

HSC
Did much the same as you.

My question was:
Examine the dichotomy between White institutional history and the reality of the Stolen Generation.
Got 29/30 for it. Was happy with that. Naturally.

Anton

afrogirl

wow...you all sound smart lol

my topic was "the bluring of history of the Vietnam War in movies over time (c 1968 - 1994)"

havent got marks back yet....

Anton

HSC
That sounds legitimately really interesting. If you could be bothered, could you e-mail it to me at antont@tig.com.au so I could have a read? Sounds great!

Thanks,
Anton

philbert_frog

I handed my essay in today, after a stressful night that ended at 2:30am this morning.

My question: To what extent has time altered views on Mao Zedongs leadership during the Cultural Revolution?

Hope this helps, although most people have had to hand them in by now.

A few points for those thinking of doing it next year:

1. Start WRITING early - ie term 1 holidays - because no matter how much research you think you have done, or how prepared you believe you are, you have no idea how long it will take you until you start writing.

2. Hand as many essays as you can to teachers, and classmates. Any feedback you can get is gold.

3. Try and get you hands on some past projects, if only to get an idea of questions. More importantly though, this provides you with an idea of how important historiography is.

4. Maintain your journal!!!! I cannot stress this enough. I didn't and spent many hours catching up (although it was all legit, I just hadn't written it in) Remember 10-20mins at the end of each writing/research session is a lot better than 5 hours at the end.

Now I know this seems like a wishlist, and it is, but believe me, if you stick to it you won't find Hist. Ext. nearly as stressful as those of us who started writing in the holidays before the trials (3 weeks before its due).

Anton

HSC
That's bloody good advice all around. I know if I was in yr. 11 I'd think 'sure I'll do all that' and then not do it in yr. 12 (in fact that's exactly what I did). But seriously, if you work consistently, you'll be THAT MUCH less stressed. Beautiful.

Anton

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
That is much better advice then all last years yr 12 gave me when I was choosing ext hist and ext 2 english, they were all saying that maintaing a journal was very simple and that they would have kept one even if you didnt have to and that it would be fun and that i would get a pony at the end from the BOS...
Well maybe they didnt go that far but they did kinda make stuff up. I hate keeping journals. A lot.

sif not 99

yes i think we can all learn from you tristan, uhh oh i mean philbert.
just be organised ppl, u can leave it to the holidays before if you want, thats what I did, and still had plenty of time to get 5 revised drafts to teachers before i handed it in. So u dont have to be that organised like that Anton guy

Anton

HSC
Oh, I'm 'that Anton guy' now am I? Bitch!
Ah anyway, I don't know where you got the impression I was organised (read my post dude). I really wasn't...I got 7/10 for my progress mark, and finished my essay at 4am before it was due. That's not organised. At all.

Anton

Peakin@Bondi

project

i havent really started mine...
Im just doen trials then ill get it done before study break..
what was ur topic on?
what is the other elective your doing?
im doing american revolution, need notes for it...

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by smegger_em
That is much better advice then all last years yr 12 gave me when I was choosing ext hist and ext 2 english, they were all saying that maintaing a journal was very simple and that they would have kept one even if you didnt have to and that it would be fun and that i would get a pony at the end from the BOS...
Well maybe they didnt go that far but they did kinda make stuff up. I hate keeping journals. A lot.
LOL! That's better advice than the advice last years Yr12 gave me.

When I said to them "I'm thinking of doing Extension History"
They simply said "DON'T!!!"

LOL!

I tried to do Extension History, but I couldn't keep up with it.

All the best guys :)

Peakin@Bondi

extension

Whats so hard about it?
I havent done shit all year, and wen my assessment is due, which is probably in like 4 weeks, ill get the whole thing done in a few dayz...
and u can't say tha examz are hard..

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Well I guess it's not so much "What's so hard about it?", but more "How do you keep up with it?"

I think I have pretty demanding subjects. It's either that, or I'm just lazy.

And besides, Extension History was on at 7:40am in the morning, and I just couldn't continue to wake up that early.

It is, however, a very interesting subject.

philbert_frog

Good luck Peakin....but read my post...no matter how much research you've done it means nothing till you've started writing...however trials are on now....so foret about hist. ext till they're over.

sif not 99

lol at Peakin
dude i thought I could do it in a week of the holidays, I was wrong took me 2 to get it done and fix it up after my teachers looked at it. Coz make sure u get ur teachers to look at it for ya before its due so u can fix it up if u need 2, well mine needed some serious fixin up I did 5 drafts, Im sure others here woulda done at least that many 2.

Anton

HSC
I wouldn't get too worried. I handed in a crap 500 word draft, and then did it to the night before and got 29/30. Obviously that was part luck, but if you've done no work, don't stress too much!

Anton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)