Best way to study for exams ? (1 Viewer)

cavanagh604

HSC
How are people studying for their trials / the upcoming HSC ? I've done basic study notes but don't know where to go from there ... Specifically History Extension :)

Last edited:

kittystar

HSC
Even though I haven't finished my notes I find learning my definitions and doing LOTS of past papers is the best preparation

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Do billions, millions of past papers, ever minnute of your day should be with past papers, even when you sleep look at your notes, when you wake up do past papers, atleast 1, every morning, 2 ever afternoon, 4 every night for each subject, never stop. This is the only way you can get above 90, because here is the reason, when you study your notes, how much of the information do you remember? So if you don;t do past papers than you want get above 90, becasue you want know the questions, guess what if you do millions of questions, you will likely to see the same question, hence you can anser it properly to get full marks.

No one told you, I know... smart kids will never tell anyone how they study, never, never. Why? becasue they do millions of questions all day, and study 24/7. This is true, even if you go ask them, they will tell you, I don't study, which is bullshit. you know that, right? So study, study, study and do past papers, you can't really do any thing else.

When I ask some smart kids, how do you study? they answer, I don't study, wtf- how would you expect someone to get good marks if they haven't opened their book, which is stupid, for a smart person to say, I study, cause if their class mates find out, then they would study more and bet the smart kid.

So the key, to study hard, forget about people distracting you, trust me forget about you teachers, cause you will never see them again, what matters is getting into you course. thats what I care about, doing my best! Because teachers don't give a shit about students, all teachers I seen especially at my school, which is the shitest school.

I remember when I sended my essay to me English teacher, she was like a ?, she told me before I send here I need to edit my work, what the hell, she is a teacher isn't she! What is here job? Why is she at school? What is here responsiblity? Yes, thats right to teach and mark students work, so it is these type of situations that brings I student down, not get their Atar although the worked hard, becasue of some teachers marking their work wrong.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Even though I haven't finished my notes I find learning my definitions and doing LOTS of past papers is the best preparation
+1. Doing past papers is the best way to prepare .... BUT don't just go "oh I got 71/120" and put it aside. Look at where you went wrong and where your strengths are at. After you look at where you went wrong, SEE and UNDERSTAND why. E.g. I did it wrong because I didn't integrate properly.

Jinks

HSC
Past papers are very important to get a feel for the type/style of questions that are going to be asked. With you're notes I'd just read them aloud, another good way is to discuss key tops/points with a friend as I find teaching the content is the best way to understand it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)