Which historians are everyone using? (1 Viewer)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Which historians are everyone using for What is History tomorrow? :)

And Case Study as well (I'm doing Appeasement).

BigDamo

HSC
N/A
I focus on Elton, Hill and Foucault, though i almost always reference Herodotus, Thucydides, Polybius, Ranke and the annales school for section 1, and for my case study (Elizabeth I) I use Elton, Camden, Bassnet and Schama (fuck schama)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Awesome :) I'm doing: Von Ranke, Marx, Carr, Elton, Bloch, but I'll probably learn Thucydides and Polybius just for a few Ancient historians. For my case study- Churchill, AJP Taylor, Kennedy and RAC Parker :p

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
For Question 1: Herodotus/Thucydides, Bede/Gibbon, Von Ranke, Annales, Carl Becker, Keith Jenkins, Elton/Carr, Reynolds/Windschuttle and History Wars. I usually end up using between 2-4, depending on the question and the source material. I get a bit paranoid and so try to have a good assortment so that I can choose those that suit the question the best.

JFK Case Study: Schlesinger, Sorensen, Chomsky, Dallek, 'Fog of War' film (Morris, McNamara).

A word of advice, most of you probably know this already but just to make sure nobody forgets: Markers like to see a range of historians in Question 1, so if you're going to focus mainly on 19th/20th century historians such as Von Ranke, Carr/Elton, Marxist history etc, try to have at least one Ancient in there as well. Even if it's just a passing reference.

I personally loathe Question 1, it is the bane of my existence.

Good luck everybody!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)