Major work enquiry question help? (1 Viewer)

foreverconfused

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm doing my major work on the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592 and the Imjin war but I'm not entirely sure about what kind of inquiry question I could research. I'm looking at the different perspectives of the Japanese and Koreans but i know doing only that will get me no marks.. What kind of aspect of the war should I focus on and what should I question?

Thank you :)

Constantine

HSC
Perhaps you can look into the effect/role of the invasion through the contrasting opinions of Koreans and Japanese. For example you can say how the Japanese viewed it as a necessary step, and heroic even due to etc etc.

Or maybe you can look at the war crimes committed by the Japanese during that period and the effects they had on the Koreans during and after as well as the impact it had on the Japanese reputation - even now it's still heavily evident. I was considering this for my own project and let me tell you, there are stacks on information out there on this. I would link it in with a modern event to prove my point, such as the recent war shrine visit by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe that angered millions of Koreans and Chinese.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)