Possible question for Project (1 Viewer)

cuzzinkevin

HSC
N/A
Hi, i am trying to decide on a question for my project. I have chosen to do something regarding Fidel Castro, and whether or not he was beneficial ect ect
Which of the following areas would be more suited
1. Whether or not he was a good leader, eg looking and health economy before after, revolution, different views
2. Whether or not he is a communist, look at different views, his policies ect
3. Whether American/western views have downplayed his success as a leader, eg america hates communists ect

possible questions/statements
- Modern day Cuba: Communist paradise or repressive dictatorship
- Was Fidel Castro Communist
- How have western views of Fidel Castro downplayed his success, and to what extent are they accurate. (Or something more succinct ect)
- Fidel's benefit on modern day cuba

Any advice/possible questions greatly appreciated !!! Thank you !!!

buriza

conviction
HSC
I believe option 3 at the moment sounds more befitting for the project, but that is because you have identified what views you are going to discuss and therefore what bias might exist in their views. It is also a more compact area you are looking at, whereas the question of whether he was a good leader includes many aspects you have to analyse, as you mentioned. And whether or not he was communist can be tricky depending on whether or not you think you can draw to a conclusion.

Have you talked to your teacher(s) about this? Usually they will help you in deciding what question to do and I believe you are allowed to approach them with several questions.

cuzzinkevin

HSC
N/A
So you think the topic of whether or not western views have downplayed his success as aleader is the best? In that i was going to examine the western/latin american/ ect views of Castro/Cuba, and also americas attempts at intervention, and also Cuba today as a successful nation. Within that i would look at different historians views, and also evidence from research to the nature and quality of cuba today. Thoughts?

cream pirate

HSC
always best to do something simple where u can have access to a lot of resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)