Do I need to do History (Ancient/Modern) to do History Extension? (1 Viewer)

WealthyNipples

HSC
May be a silly question, but allow me to explain...

I am currently doing Ancient History and have just picked up History Ext for 2015 HSC.

This has, however, left me with 13 units and I really want to drop down to 11...

I love history, especially Ancient, but to be frank, my teacher for ancient sucks.

I have already gained acceptance into the course, and am officially enrolled in it, so my question is, can I drop Ancient now and keep Ext?

Please reference your source in your answer, preferably a BOS webpage.

Cheers!:newburn::newburn:

Tink

HSC
Considering extension history is exactly what is says it is; an extension of history, logic would claim you have to do ancient/modern to keep it. It'd be like doing extension English without English; not a thing.

EternalFlame

HSC
You cannot complete history extension without having at least 2 unit history. Just like you cannot complete English extension without being enrolled in advanced english. Ask your HT of HSIE, if you are able to change into another class for Ancient.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Absolutely - MUST be doing either Ancient or Modern History to do History Extension.

Source - the History Extension syllabus:

All students study HSC History Extension concurrently with, or following completion of, the HSC course in Ancient History and/or Modern History. The course assumes that students have achieved the outcomes for the Preliminary course in one or both of these two courses at a high standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)