Need help on History extension major work ideas. (WW1 related) (1 Viewer)

svettywap

HSC
Hey everyone! So i've just begun my history extension course and i'm starting to think about major work topics. I'm leaning towards WW1, since i'm super interested in it. Since I also do modern, I don't want to do a topic i'm already studying there (if that makes sense? Like battle of Verdun or Somme). I would like to base it around the Christmas truce, but I feel that is too vague? Maybe not? Does anyone have any ideas???

Last edited:
HSC
Hey everyone! So i've just begun my history extension course and i'm starting to think about major work topics. I'm leaning towards WW1, since i'm super interested in it. Since I also do modern, I don't want to do a topic i'm already studying there (if that makes sense? Like battle of Verdun or Somme). Does anyone have any ideas???
maybe:
*lawrence of arabia leading the arab revolt against the ottomans
*the red baron and his air superiority
*the harlem hellfighters fighting segregation on the front lines

Frostguard

HSC
Since you wanna do the Christmas truce, make it is clear as possible, make your essay question branch out into different possibilities and debates and don't narrow it down to just a few points, make it so your project creates as much debate as possible eg to what extent does the Christmas truce of (whatever year) influence war willpower or something like that (my projects not really directed towards war so sorry if I sound really vague) but yeah make ur focus question as debatable and controversial as possible and make sure to confirm with your teacher :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)