Thread: Excelling in Extension History

HSC

Excelling in Extension History

Hey,

I'm doing extension history, and I was wondering what the differentiating factor was in Extension History. What makes you stand out, and what things get you high marks (both in projects and exam essays)?

Thanks

HSC

Re: Excelling in Extension History

I've gone to some lectures and basically what I've heard is that this subject is a lot like university - this subject as well as university does not appreciate regurgitation of essays of information but rather critical thinking. I mean yeah you would still structure it like a normal essay but I think you have to incorporate some element of 'higher order thinking' which shows you have an in depth understanding of the essay question and subject itself. But yeah it's early days, personally the content in this course is unexpected and provocative (lmao jokes not gonna go discovery on you ) ) but I was surprised that this subject is so in depth compared to Modern or legal. I'm sure our essay skills will develop over time because right now we're all ??? in History Ext classes because it's so different to what we normally learn
    P.s it's nice to see another History Ext student!!! No one in my close group of friends does this subject ;((
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

Thread Information