Thread: Thoughts on History Extension Project Topic

HSC

Thoughts on History Extension Project Topic

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on the question I am thinking of using for my history extension project.

The teacher recommended that we focus on something more centralised in Australia because we would have more information available to us (I was wondering if this was actually the case if any people who focused on topics in other countries struggled to fine helpful sources). So based on this recommendation and some background research I thought of doing my question on: To what extent have the views of historians impacted the representation of Aboriginal Soldiers in the war effort?

Any feedback on whether this is a good topic to do a project on is greatly appreciated and any recommendations on how to go about finding primary sources on the topic would be great as well!

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Thoughts on History Extension Project Topic

I personally like your question a lot, it is unique and interesting. I found my primary sources through books written by historians I was using for the project. So you should, in your 6 week holidays, try to find reading material on your question and ideally, start your project. Goodluck!

HSC

Re: Thoughts on History Extension Project Topic

That's sounds pretty interesting, especially the debate on Indigenous soldiers in the war effort, I suggest having multiple historians, maybe about 4 with maybe 2 agreeing and 2 disagreeing on their contributions to the war effort and then link it back to the question and how it is has impacted historiography.

Like Unicorn said, spent your 6 week holidays gathering information, visiting local libraries, especially the State library and I'm sure you'll find all sorts of resources, whether primary or secondary, there'll be tons
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

Thread Information