Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frostguard

Thread: Writing the 2500w essay...?

HSC

Question Writing the 2500w essay...?

Is the history extension (major) essay supposed to be written like a history ex essay (identical to the exam) or like any other essay you'd write for another subject? I'm kinda confused to how I should format my essay, and I just wanted to make this clear for myself.

HSC

Re: Writing the 2500w essay...?

Lol I just assumed it was like any other essay based subject lol, with history Extension examinations, you refer to the source, identifying the historiographical issues and then bringing in the relevant historians and/or contemporary issues/debates. With this major work, it's an investigation so there's tons of ways you can answer your focus question, you don't have to necessarily confine yourself to historians, you can also choose films, poetry, images, paintings, all sorts of stuff. In my opinion write it like it's any normal essay but you must include historiography, eg if you're going to use historians, find out what methodology and school of history they belong to, taking quotes and ultimately explain the influence of their context in shaping their purposes and construction of history!! Hope that clears things up, made me doubt myself there lol
    krong likes this.
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

Thread Information