The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The official Question 1 thread.

Last edited:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
no kidding.

i though this question was pretty average. i didn't think the slideshow was a particularly good text. it was just quotes, and they were trying to dress up textual mutton as multimedia lamb.

the other texts were quite good i thought.

did anybody refer to the signpost as a visual element in text 1? i hope u did, i didn't and i think i probably should have.

i wrote so much! medium-size handwriting i have (mushed brain i also have, revision to thanks) and i wrote almost a page for the 2-mk questions!

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I agree, not the most flash Q, as most of the one & two markers couldnt really be condensed. I've seen harder but, so i ain't complainin.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
err welsh way to live at school and therfore be the first to post

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
they had four texts!! is that a first???

the powerpoint one was stupid and it sucked!! cd cover was fairly friendly, extract was good and that refection wasnt the best. was a bit to intellectual for my personal likeing

overall i was happy, didnt really answer the last question that great!

superbird

HSC
last question of section 1 sorta stuffed me up tho. i chose text 1 and 2. probably not the best choice cause it was quite difficult to compare them

G

Gavvvvvin

I found that last question hard to contrast two texts. What did you guys do for that?

smallcattle

HSC
i chose text 2 and 3, with text 3 like sort of song lyrics, and text 2 was like instructive qutes.... damn i sucked on these questions

welshi

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
I found that last question hard to contrast two texts. What did you guys do for that?
i used the last 2 - said they were both about physical journeys and about acknowledging u can't control your experiences on them, but steinbeck was generalising and the other chick was being specific. not really the best answer.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Used first two, not too hard to contrast, comparing was a little more difficult but still not that bad

superbird

HSC
i said that the first text doesnt really say much about our experiences AFTER the journey. merely it shows the obstacles within it. for text two i said that it was a first hand experience of a journey and shows how the artists have grown etc

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i used the first two as well. They both had the signpost...

For the CD cover, there was a fair load of journey stuff on there. Do we still use "vectors", like, the road was a vector to the city, the final destination.. ??

welshi

HSC
superbird said:
i said that the first text doesnt really say much about our experiences AFTER the journey. merely it shows the obstacles within it. for text two i said that it was a first hand experience of a journey and shows how the artists have grown etc
THAT's what i should have said. hmm.

CrashOveride

HSC
used first two. hmm stuffed up kind of last question for sec1. text2 was like had the sign post as was in text1 but it was obviously aimed at a more sophisticared audicnec...i based a lot of my argument on different audicences =p

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
yeah i used vectors. the footprints and road was a victor to the top right hand corner and the text they wanted you to read. Vector=good i hope

Abraxus

HSC
I loved the Powerpoint presentation cause it showed a lot of opinions so there was a lot to write about. The CD cover was good too, it was easy for me to analyse cause I analyse artworks for art. I did those two, and I'm really confident about this Question ;)

superbird

HSC
yeh but for a 5 mark question i didnt end up writing much. in fact for q1 part a and b i think i wrote more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)