Anyone see the news reports? (1 Viewer)

neuro_logik

HSC
I just saw the channel 10 one, they talk about some techniques briefly about text 3, like colloquial language, something about cultural stuff, and personal pronouns.

Last edited:

Munchy

HSC
I saw that too, then realised what an idiot I was for not noticing the colloquail language used in text 3. I can't believe something so obvious, didn't strike me... :( But oh well, I'm over it. What's done is done.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Munchy said:
I saw that too, then realised what an idiot I was for not noticing the colloquail language used in text 3. I can't believe something so obvious, didn't strike me... :( But oh well, I'm over it. What's done is done.
How could you not? They even discussed the coloquial language with the strewth crap.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I didnt mention colloquial language, but i said that they used that "strewth" and "fair dinkum" terms for humour, so i guess it counts :p

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
sheeeillaaaaa

what was the other ...fair dinkum? i forget...

edit: just read tommys post lol

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i think they realise its timed conditions and just give u a general impresison mark

u mention collequilism, i mention suspense
u mention enjambent, i mention juxtaposition

no one mentions all of them

Laus86

I just talked about the fact that text three had a conversational, easy and relaxed tone about it and how this is symbollic of the easy, relaxed atmosphere throughout most of the text, therefore making the story 'come alive' for the reader or woteva the question said.

As long as you put in some techniques they'll probably give u a mark for it. English stuff can be interpretted in so many ways...god why cant it be more like maths-either right or wrong-black or white none of this grey bullcrap.

Acid

HSC
I talked about colloquialism, personification of the car (to invoke a sense of lack of control on thebehalf of the persona), and the use of authentic places (to tap into the responder's discourse surrounding these places allowing them to better picture the events described)..

donno about the last one though...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hahaha our teacher told us that if we are stuck for a technique always say if its either colloquial or formal language and whether its in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person narrative.. i mentioned first person and colloquial as well as repetition (the word roll was repeated like 4 times)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)