Worst Course Ever (1 Viewer)

I_hate_HSC

I never thought i could hate school work as much as i hated the Advanced English course.

Peter Skrzyzyzyyzshecneckki: STOP WHINGING ABOUT BEING A FUKIN AUSTRALIAN

Mark Raphael Baker ("The Fiftieth Gate"): I hope your parents disown you for the torture you put them through in bringing back their experiences from the Holocaust, you disrespectful evil bastard.

Shakespeare: Go die..... again........i hate king lear

Board Of Studies: If you had half the knowledge of how much shit you have put us students through i would be happy. Why are you trying to make us philosophers by asking us to relate three sets of 16 different texts to their different contexts and to our own interpretations of the bloody topic... all in 2 hours

Go Die Advanced English, piece of shit course.

loucee

Thank god NO MORE ENGLISH! so over it.
but yeah i had the same problems... not enough time for telling the truth, had to rush my related texts so bad!
and i hated module C, i'm sure when Gwen Harwood wrote her poetry she never intended for them to be so ripped apart and analysed as much as we're expected to do! Damn the hsc... i say we boycott all our next exams in protest to the board of studies people!

I_hate_HSC

i would so be up for the protest, how can the board of studies be serious with the amount of content in this course?? 2 weeks to go----> Massive Bonfire!

OK heres what I did

Introduction: crap on about textual integrity and how Lear has changed through readings/productions still recognisable. Influence of context on meaning]

Summary of Scene 1:1

Existentalist view of this scence Brooks 1971 with reference to Jan Kott

Family/Psyc Dram view Eyre 1997

Summary of 5:3

Existentalist and Brooks
My opinion on this reading

Family/Psyc Drama and Eyre
My opinion on context of this: prevlance of family breakdow in contempoary society

Conclusion summarising and reinforcing answer to question/quote

I used lost of quotes and description of camera angle aand costuming, mese en scene in Lear productions!!!

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
it is the hardest english in the country. it'd be like 2nd yr uni in victoria!

sub

I_hate_HSC said:
i would so be up for the protest, how can the board of studies be serious with the amount of content in this course?? 2 weeks to go----> Massive Bonfire!
mate gimme the date and time and ill join ya...il throw in a couple of annoying year 11's in the flames too :D

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
And how obscurely general did they want to be with the first section??? "How has your perception of In the Wild been illuminated by your comparitive study of the prescribed texts?" Illuminated??? How on earth do they get off asking such a random question? Ah well, screw them. All over now :D

Jebu

Can i just say, as someone who had Emma/Clueless, Antony and Cleopatra, and Gwen Harwood, that i feel no combination of board texts could be worse. I challenge you to top it!

Lorie

HSC
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights itself tops that, it is the most boring piece of british crap around. We've made the Brontes a likeness to the balwins, no one likes them but they keep hanging around. Oh i'm gonna go to England and piss on Bronte's grave god damn that is the most boring, confusing piece of crap.

masteraal

agreeeeeeeddddd....its gay and we dont have to put up with it anymore.... :D

its like a mini party on that wednesday...no more english :D

WOOOT

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
MY GOSH! adv english was the worst thing i have ever done! Totally agree with you i_hate_hsc! partly king lear i cood scream at the bos of making us do so much for that question! plus my teacher is a prik, so that made my year hell! wen we finished the exam everyone was so happy like ppl were crying of happiness! i have neva felt so much satisfaction as i did walking out of that exam! though i dont think i did the best lol! ahhh, such a relief, HSC is oveeeeeeeeeer! YAY!

Everyone cheer now!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I_hate_HSC said:
I never thought i could hate school work as much as i hated the Advanced English course.

Peter Skrzyzyzyyzshecneckki: STOP WHINGING ABOUT BEING A FUKIN AUSTRALIAN

Mark Raphael Baker ("The Fiftieth Gate"): I hope your parents disown you for the torture you put them through in bringing back their experiences from the Holocaust, you disrespectful evil bastard.

Shakespeare: Go die..... again........i hate king lear

Board Of Studies: If you had half the knowledge of how much shit you have put us students through i would be happy. Why are you trying to make us philosophers by asking us to relate three sets of 16 different texts to their different contexts and to our own interpretations of the bloody topic... all in 2 hours

Go Die Advanced English, piece of shit course.
I would like to continue the trend

Robert Frost: Just pick a damn road and take it without turning it into a huge feast of emotions

Aldous Huxley: Stop whinging about about cloning and genetic engineering when your people at the time hadnt even perfected building a car

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
Emma/ Clueless, Antony and Cleopatra and Speeches...enuff said
Fuk English Advanced..... It took the best year of my life
And i want it back!!! NOW!! :vcross:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)