Scaling In Separate Modules? (1 Viewer)

sub

hey does anyone know if separate modulse get scaled within themselves? ie would cloudstreet get scaled separately to the speeches section even though they're in the same module? cos apparently speeches in the mod b section were much easier to do than cloudstreet and other prose texts.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
don't think so, it's as an exam mark on the whole

sub

oh man i am soooo screwed...fuk that question was written for certain texts, and buggered the other ppl up :(

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
forget it, there are bigger idiots out there... much bigger. like a guy i know turned up on monday for the modules!

sub

Dougie said:
forget it, there are bigger idiots out there... much bigger. like a guy i know turned up on monday for the modules!
hahaha, well that almost beats this one guy from our school...remember i said ALMOST: :)

he came asking what he needed to know just b4 the aos exam...and when we told him he needed to know his set texts, two supplementaries and one stimulus, his face blanched, crumpled, and then the tears appeared :( ...gotta feel sorry for him tho...but how could u NOT know what's in the exam? and the emotions were genuine too.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
this is the same guy who turned up stoned for the art trail. only prob. is his family is filthy rich, so he can pay to do almost anything... still wondering how this guy's art trial ended up second in the year? damn the rich!

sub

yeah, well when u can pay to do what u want, why wouldn't u want to turn up stoned...

how many ppl exactly DO art in ur school? we probably have three or four at most...also, art is done by stoned ppl...look at picaso, i mean wtf? yeah, my three year old nephew can fingerpaint better than that tard... :p

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
we've got maybe 20-30 ppl. 2 classes i think... i don't do it

sub

fuk thats alot...but then again i go to an all-guys school, so i guess that's y there's less ppl doing it

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
sub said:
fuk thats alot...but then again i go to an all-guys school, so i guess that's y there's less ppl doing it
i do too, but out of 220, it's not a huge amount. a lot r bludgers, but others do kinda well. girls schools have more, and they ALL care

sub

lol too tru. we got 197 or 8 sumfink like that...but then only 2 or 3 do art... i guess it's just one of those subjects...

everyone who does art is a bludger i reckon... (now i think im gonna be inundated with hate mail from ppl who do art) doing well and being a bludger are two separate things...u can be a bludger and do well, and u can try ur ass off and fail. it doesn;t really mean much...art - whatta joke of a subject :p

nerdboy

hey sub i find your first quote kinda interesting,
how did you know speeches easy?
don't ya reckon its harder to do multiple texts then just pick apart one?
plus they had the option of selecting a nominated speech, which makes studying them all bloody hard, much easier then picking ur favourite scenes from a book!!
If any wouldn't speeches get scaled up over a single book for like, bulk of text?

Just a few throughts, dosen't matter cause its over and english is the worst subject in the world

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
sub said:
lol too tru. we got 197 or 8 sumfink like that...but then only 2 or 3 do art... i guess it's just one of those subjects...

everyone who does art is a bludger i reckon... (now i think im gonna be inundated with hate mail from ppl who do art) doing well and being a bludger are two separate things...u can be a bludger and do well, and u can try ur ass off and fail. it doesn;t really mean much...art - whatta joke of a subject :p
it's not a huge joke if ur good. my gf is selling all her artworks thus far, and made close on $500 for 3 sketches she did at school. she hasn't even tried to sell her hsc work yet! And a mate at my school has been entered into the top 50 or somthing in the state. Big money there. It's not always a joke!

sub

nerdboy said:
hey sub i find your first quote kinda interesting,
how did you know speeches easy?
don't ya reckon its harder to do multiple texts then just pick apart one?
plus they had the option of selecting a nominated speech, which makes studying them all bloody hard, much easier then picking ur favourite scenes from a book!!
If any wouldn't speeches get scaled up over a single book for like, bulk of text?

Just a few throughts, dosen't matter cause its over and english is the worst subject in the world
tru dat mate, eng is OVER!!! :p

abt the speeches thing...most of the ppl who did speeches in our school found it MUCH eassier to do than the novel... also, we were'nt taught to have our own interpretation of selected parts, or on the whole either...we had a sub during this topic, and for our class assessment we had to do a leavisite/traditional reading...and when we asked him how to do it he said (and i quote) : "i don't know". note it was in a curry accent as the guy was a curry. but yeah, u would expect that ppl who come to teach at a school to know their shit. :vcross:
back to the speeches tho...i was looking for a scape goat to flog to death and blame for all my woes of this module...but i guess i've been found out now... but i wont take the comment back...u speeches ppl had it easier so there :p

i can imagine me as ralph: "me fail english? that's unpossible!" when the results come out...

sub

never said it was ALWAYS a joke...just that at our skool it is...we get ppl drawing weird random "artisitic pieces" that look like absolute shit...so i'm talking from my perspective on art. i din mean any offense or anything, just that art suks at our school. ;)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
my get offened.... NEVER.
a weird chick did photograph, it was basically all about herself. i can't see how it takes skill to make ur-self look like a poser. all i was saying before is if ur good, then money gets thrown at u... therefore, i wish i could advance from stickfigures:)

sub

hey i wouldn;t mind getting money thrown at me!!! it's just that no one would buy random doodles that i seem to make while i should be studying...no matter how entertaining! we got some guy two yaers ago do a picture of a dragon masturbating...it's now framed in our school...that's why i complain about art...and of all places they left it in the senior study, meaning everytime u go there u see this monstrosity of really bad art work, wanking while ur trying to study...not a very helpful environment... :p

sub

i think our school didn't want to share their masterpiece with the rest of the world till it was ready for it...our school is VERY considerate...allowing the SENIORS to have the viewing pleasure of such a masterpiece whilst they study...i guess it may work on the grounds of : SUBLIMINAL MSG: study hard or u'll end up folloeing me (ie wanking for the rest of ur life).
i ended up turning it to face the wall...u can only take so much of looking at that before u want to hurl it out the window... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)