The 2004 HSC - Business Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

Egghead

HSC
I left 2hr 15mins through it. I'm lucky to get 40, even 30% in it. Man that fuckin sucked cock!

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
I thought the exam was actually quite difficult. I was glad though because they had hardly any ratios in it and i'm quite bad at remembering them but i'm hoping for an 75-80

nrgtic

HSC
N/A
Ok that test sucked. it was pretty difficult. Oh, you might not be getting the paper as business studies candidates had to actually hand in a large section of the test paper for marking...so yeh..ive got multi-choice and extended responses somewhere though...

V

vanbasten

Hard test, easy if you knew your shit. I knew my shit and I'm fucken happy.

Whipped through multiple choice and short answer, leaving me one hour for each extended response and business report. I wrote 13 pages for each.

Financial for the extended response was gay and how much fucken content did they want in the business report. Motherfuckers.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
The last question, a 20 marker was a bit of a shocker.

Given two options, first option was on financial planning while the second option was on methods of international expansion and source of funds to finance international expansion. I did the second one.

Short answer I thought was relatively straight forward, no real tricky questions in there.

Multiple choice had a few questions in there that could be interpreted in different ways, but reading the question thoroughly made it again relatively simple. I know I made at least one stupid mistake in this section. Given a balance sheet, with all the values except for retained profit, which was marked with a "?" Just a simple matter of using A = L + OE, but unfortunately for me 60,000 + 10,000 = 70,000, not 80,000.......

Bloody stupid mistakes.

JessC

HSC
N/A
yeh it wasn't bad....except i kno i made shit ass mistakes..
some multiple choice was kinda confusing tho....if anyone knos the answer to them can u post them up

Evansy

HSC
the whole test was shit, but with business u all know u can make up shit and thats all i did, i just used techo words and made it sound like i knew my shit when i really didnt, i dont care how i went but ohw ell!
the last question sucked soo baddly

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was slammed on the ext. resp...it's stupid too, because from past papers it was preety clear that they'd ask about finance. Methods was preety easy, but 'effectivness of sources'??? I kind of rubbished on about the sources and made really superfically links to qantas...eeep. I was sort of tempted to write 'be gentle' on the front, but resisted.

nicola99

i thought it was a hard exam..i knew my stuff but found the short answers really hard, there were a couple of confusing multi choice and also the extended responses were tricky coz they were asking for quite a lot in such a short time period.

dezzy

HSC
yea i thought it was fair
a few short answers were a bit dodgy for me but im happy with what i put into it!
yaya! its over!!

Stanche

What did everyone get for the multi choice?? The business report was SEXY though i bullshitted question 28 something severe. It was ok though.

I made the stupidest mistake in multiple choice, i knew the right answer for one i went back to at the end and accidentally circled some ridiculously stupid one. So getting me cut lol.

Overall i was quite happy though i wasted so much unnecessary time learning those stupid ratios!!!! Grrrrrrrr.

Farcanell

Yeah, there were no surprises in the multiple choice and the short answer, and the business plan had enough in it to write about. That essay though... far trickier than I would have cared for... :vcross:

roxy_malibu

HSC
hmmm...unexpected

i agree basically with what every one else is saying.
i found some multiple choices seemed to have two right answers?? or am i just retarded? haha. the question on why a company would lease delivery trucks (q 11) i thought it could have been to limit cpaital costs AND minimise long term costs to the company...any one got an idea on that one?

as for the report, i really liked the marketing bit, bout found it hard to relATe to ER And change...

extended response SUCKED harcore.

but hey, its over! nuthin we can do now, right guys?

superbird

HSC
The test was awesome! sure as hell boosted my morale after the shit English exams :p

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
hmm this is strange, so many ppl saying it was hard/difficult.... the feed back ive got from the class at my school that just did it (ordinary public school) is that it was really easy.... like many are confident of well into the 90s for a raw exam mark... oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)