The 2004 HSC - Engineering Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
soooo ... ppl havent replyed yet ... hmm ... doesnt that mean something ?? o_O

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
it means

a) they only just got home, or
b) it was a 3 hr exam and everyone wants to not think ever again

lol

a few things;

Did anyone else think that the inclusion of a logic gate question in the multiple choice section was unfair, seeing as logic gates are not mentioned anywhere in the syllabus. I know my class never covered it, and it's not in our textbook..........

The drawing questions were hard, but aside from that I didn't have any troubles.....fingers crossed

jason86

Thought it was good! Finished in just over 2 hours except for the handle drawing, which i forgot to section!!! Otherwise... pretty good, easier than our trial

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
oh BTW i doubt anyone will be able to post up the whole paper, only multiple choice, because in the engineering exam the question and answer booklet are combined

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Yeh, and with posting the paper - all you get is the multiple choice questions. Not worth scanning.
The paper was fair, nothing unexpected except the logic gate, which i think i can vaguely remember from prelim Software Design & Development. Other than that it was fairly straight foward.

dannye_36

Yes i agree, the inclusion of the logic gate question was quite unexpected, and unfair, in my opinion, cause they dont talk about it in the syllabus.

I know my class never covered it, ofcourse, i knew i cause i do SDD, so i had no problems with it, but the rest of my class did.

Well, at least ( for all the people who didnt know it ) it was just a multiple choise question then, rather than a normal one, worth more marks.

K

kenni_chen

dannye_36 said:
Yes i agree, the inclusion of the logic gate question was quite unexpected, and unfair, in my opinion, cause they dont talk about it in the syllabus.

I know my class never covered it, ofcourse, i knew i cause i do SDD, so i had no problems with it, but the rest of my class did.

Well, at least ( for all the people who didnt know it ) it was just a multiple choise question then, rather than a normal one, worth more marks.
lucky i did electronics in yr10 :D ~ lol i never read the syllabus jus studied everything - waste time

anywayz the test was alot easier compare to past papers

btw: the drawings ~ omg that was confusing - stuffed up the whole lot i bet

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
kenni_chen said:
i never read the syllabus jus studied everything - waste time
reading the sylabus SAVES you time cos it tells you everything you need to know (with the exception of logic gates)

stevenwong86

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty easy exam as well, not really any surprises.
I didnt do that well though, because I didnt revise a few things properly, like heat treatments and materials testing, so I forgot what they were. As usual, there were a few common sense questions and calculations were pretty easy too, just plugging numbers into formulas.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
stevenwong86 said:
I didnt do that well though, because I didnt revise a few things properly, like heat treatments and materials testing, so I forgot what they were.
i never bothered to learn that stuff in class, so i was cramming all last night and this morning up untill 1.30 this arvo lol

rolo

i thought that wasn't too abd actually, i expected worse. and the logic gate? i'd never seen it before, but i think i got it anyway, wasn't too hard.

K

kenni_chen

hoonhoon said:
i thought that wasn't too abd actually, i expected worse. and the logic gate? i'd never seen it before, but i think i got it anyway, wasn't too hard.
so wot answer u get? "A" - all mine fwends who did electronics with me in yr10 got "A"

stevenwong86

yeah, I guessed A as well, and my friends who did electronics said it was right, cos the pointed thing in the end means OR.

ashmeet_14

HSC
My teacher is a hsc marker and he said the answer to the logic gate question is "D"

ashmeet_14

HSC
sorry i dont have a scanner otherwise i would had posted it for you. sorry mate!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)