Answer format (music 2) (1 Viewer)

sparkerasp

HSC
Hey HSC Music 2 students :)

I'm just wondering about how you format your answers to the first 3 questions on the paper.

Almost all the past paper answers I've seen students do are in essay/sentence form, but my music teacher at school says that I can do it in dot point form. Is that allowed/advisable?

None of the assessments I've done (except practical) have been marked externally so I'm not sure what other markers think.

spantastic

HSC
yeah.. your music teacher is right.... you can put your answers in dot points, you wont get marked down. The only answer in that test that should have a structure is the essay at the end

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Yep, question 4 is the only question where you will lose marks if you don't write in essay format.

For all other questions, the markers give you marks for content, not the structure of your response - so yeah, dot point answers are fine. Although just be careful you dont fall into the trap of accidently providing too-little information in your answer, which often happens when people write in dot point.

So, if you were given this question - for example:
What does "Con sordino sul tasto, non vib." indicate at bb. 21 in the cello part?

Answer 1:
- Play with mutes
- Play on the fingerboard
- Play without vibrato

Answer 2:
The instructions "Con sordino sul tasto, non vib" indicate for the cellists to play with mutes, on the fingerboard, and without vibrato.
Both of these answers would be perfectly acceptable, and would recieve equal marks. It comes down to whichever is fastest for you, and are most confident with.

sparkerasp

HSC
jasonml said:
Although just be careful you dont fall into the trap of accidently providing too-little information in your answer, which often happens when people write in dot point.
My problem is summarising too much. In the past, one of my dot point answers would have like 2 or 3 points in them, meaning that I would be loosing valuable time trying to find other answers when I could just break down my first dot point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)