Encore nominations (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure they come out this week

Good luck everyone!

If anyone gets one, don't forget to tell us all (and what it was for) :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I found out today I got two nominations!!!! SOO HAPPY! :)
However, I'm not sure what they're for (whether performance, composition or even music 2 or ext)

I found it confusing though how everyone knew before I did....
Apparently some1 put it on the music 1 facebook page last night so this morning people were congratulating me and I didn't know what for.
What was even more confusing, was that none of the teachers told me I got nominated until I asked them...

danniomc

HSC
Congratulations!!!!
I'd definitely say it was performance, because there is no way the BOS would be able to mark so many compositions in such a short amount of time. The Encore Performance nominations, I've heard, are decided on the spot between the markers :)
I still haven't found out yet, so I'm guessing I didn't get nominated for performance, but oh well!
Great job again!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Congratulations!!!!
I'd definitely say it was performance, because there is no way the BOS would be able to mark so many compositions in such a short amount of time. The Encore Performance nominations, I've heard, are decided on the spot between the markers :)
I still haven't found out yet, so I'm guessing I didn't get nominated for performance, but oh well!
Great job again!
thanks so much :)
However, i did composition for extension so there might be a chance that they might be composition (or maybe 1 comp and 1 performance)
If you don't get nominated don't worry about it, they have specifications for nominations so if you don't get nominated you can still get an amazing mark
Good luck :)

qrpw

HSC
Yep me and two other guys from my music class got nominations into Encore. My one says "DVD of your HSC performances" so it's definitely performance, but doesn't specify if it was the Music Ext or Music 2 pieces that were good. Great work madharris, an Encore nomination is an amazing achievement :)
We've got a long time to prepare our video recordings, but still, maybe it is time to start playing my pieces again...

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yep me and two other guys from my music class got nominations into Encore. My one says "DVD of your HSC performances" so it's definitely performance, but doesn't specify if it was the Music Ext or Music 2 pieces that were good. Great work madharris, an Encore nomination is an amazing achievement :)
We've got a long time to prepare our video recordings, but still, maybe it is time to start playing my pieces again...
Congratulations! Good job :)
I found out I got 1 performance and 1 composition

deswa1

HSC
Congratulations! Good job :)
I found out I got 1 performance and 1 composition
Wow- very nice- congrats :)

Three people from my school got encore. How many people get it state wide?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Wow- very nice- congrats :)

Three people from my school got encore. How many people get it state wide?
You don't get into encore, just a nomination
You get a nomination if the markers think your performance/comp/essay is good enough

However, only ~20 people get into the actual encore itself

madharris

HSC
N/A
is encore is when people get 20/20 in one of their electives?
encore is the massive concert in ~february featuring the best comps and performances from music 1/2 and ext.

People who get 20/20 for their electives have a high chance of getting a nomination, however there's also a chance that they won't

hjhj

HSC
Has anyone heard anything about nominations for this years HSC? Thanks!

jamesgfyfe

HSC
So I got a nomination, but it doesn't specify which piece. To get a nomination do you have to do well in all of your pieces??

koreafantasy

HSC
So I got a nomination, but it doesn't specify which piece. To get a nomination do you have to do well in all of your pieces??
yeah, my teacher said an encore nomination is a 15/15 for all of your pieces, sometimes a 14/15 for one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)