Wrong notes? (1 Viewer)

13WAR08TT

HSC
For my Music 1 trials, if I play a couple of wrong notes or chords in my performance (and recover from them quickly) will I be marked down even if the rest of the piece is played very well (otherwise accurate and lots of appropriate dynamics/expressive techniques?)
I'm a piano player and have known the piece for a while but it is quite technically challenging and my trial exam is before school, when my hands are likely to be less flexible.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Wrong notes here and there won't be the death of you. The markers are probably not even going to realise that you play the wrong note unless you make it really obvious or it puts you off for a bar or so.

What they're marking is your technical ability, expression and your ability to perform the piece, they want to give you marks, they're not looking for things to mark you down.

e.g. In my trials, I played a wrong note (held it for about 7 beats) and still got 14.5/15 for that particular piece. If you make a mistake, just pretend like it's meant to be there and continue playing.

koreafantasy

HSC
Considering AMEB doesn't care for some wrong notes (given you dont stop and start again and you keep playing), even at amus level, and AMEB is way more picky in their marking, most likely your marker (chances are he/she doesnt play your instrument nor know the piece you are playing), will not even notice and will only mark you based on your musicality, expression and stage presence (how well resonate your passion).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)