Music 1 first 3 weeks (1 Viewer)

Iccehy

HSC
Hey I'm in year 10 and chosen my subjects for year 11. I chose a lot of content based subjects so I was worried how I would cope with it, that's why I'm going through the first 3 weeks with business studies, ancient history, mathematics, biology, standard english, and food tech. I chose Business studies because EES wasn't running at my school, so I was considering business studies or music 1. And chose business studies because I wasnt confident choosing music 1 since I had little musical background and also because many of the music 2 students (really talented musicians) are doing music 1 because music 2 isn't running. Anyway after the 3 weeks there's a chance I might be changing into music 1

Soo I wanna know, for those of you who did music 1....did they teach a lot regarding theory and composition during the first 3 weeks of year 11 ????

madharris

HSC
N/A
I did music 2 so I'm not 100% sure however:
Throughout both music year 11 and 12 music (both 1 and 2), the main thing you learn about is the concepts of music and how to apply them when you analyse pieces.
In year 11, what they do is they are drilled into you so you know the basics and in year 12 they are extended so you know how to utilise them in more ways.
THat been said though, whether or not they will teach it in the first 3 weeks, they are not very difficult to learn and so will be really easy to catch up on. Additionally, you will learn them hundreds and hundreds of times during the 2 year period, so there's not much to be worried about.

With composition (or at least at my school), my friends in music 1 weren't really taught much about composition as such. However in my opinion, if you should combine all your musical knowledge and what you have learnt in class, all of it can be applied to your composition in a way.

Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)