Calling all Music 1/ 2/ Extension students! (1 Viewer)

saysesame

HSC
Hey hey! Who here's doing music for HSC2014? What instrument do you play? Which pieces are you considering and have you started preparing them yet? Also any repertoire ideas especially for ensemble piece?

I might be doing extension but only have one piece from 'music of the last 25 years', one 20th century and one romantic (and they still need a lot of work... a little worried that I'm running out of time :uhoh:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Don't worry you have lots of time, I didn't do extension performance (did comp)
However I only started to learn 2 pieces in the term 3 holidays and 1 piece in the christmas holidays, you'll be fine :)

I think most people in my extension class who did performance didn't even choose all their pieces until the end of term 1 or something.
You have a year, it's lots of time! Don't stress out

saysesame

HSC
Thanks madharris! Stressing out because I'm learning The Cat and The Mouse (Aaron Copland) and I don't see myself finishing learning the piece :S

... Don't tell me I'm the only 2014er on here doing music lol

grabbabag

HSC
N/A
Hey! I did my AMUS in year 11 so I had some pieces ready for year 12, but I'm doing my HSC this year. Don't stress! I learnt Hough's arr. of My Favourite Things in about 4 months so that was fine! Just consistent practice!!
I wasn't a bit fan of music quite honestly- maybe because my teacher is a complete cow so she made us hate it!! But you'll be fine!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)