Please help! Music 2 Core Performance for Violin (1 Viewer)

quriko

HSC
(I'm not really sure if this is the right forum to put this in sorry if this isn't)

Anyone know any good Australian pieces for violin? A few of the nice ones have since gone beyond the 25 year mark and I just feel really nervous about choosing one because I haven't yet and blaaagh. Most of the pieces on the AMC website don't have audio samples and it's tough figuring out how they sound just by sheet music samples alone. I've had a few looks at Hindson and Kats-Chernin pieces at school but none of them really interested me :( One of my friends is playing White Cockatoo Spirit Dance I think.

I finished my AMusA last year (distinction! :D) so I'm not too concerned about difficulty, but since most of my repertoire is Lmus level I have a feeling I should be :/

madharris

HSC
N/A
Why not go into the Australian music centre and ask for for the audio + the score of the pieces? :)
If you have no idea what you want then ask for lots. :) The more pieces you hear, the more selection you'll have + it can give you ideas for your composition as well :p The ladies there are really nice and will happily assist you :p
I did this and eventually found a piece that I really liked :)

quriko

HSC
I actually went today and apparently the library no longer exists! Or at least you have to borrow through the centre but they mail it to you or you pick it up, either way you can't view/listen to the selection yourself anymore, which really sucks :/

I'm using the digital library at the moment but I imagine having an actual library was way better :(

madharris

HSC
N/A
:eek: really!!! :\
Wtf!!

Maybe ask your violin teacher/music teacher if they can suggest anything

We had no violins in our grade (they all did the IB instead of HSC) soooo I can't really help you with pieces

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)