Change from Music 1 to Music 2? (1 Viewer)

angelano33

HSC
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, is it possible to change from Music 1 to Music 2 in year 12?

I've wanted to do music 2 since yr 11 and the school teachers wouldn't let me, because i didnt study elective music in yr9&10, and they said that i wasnt good enough. I didn't have any qualification to prove them wrong so i couldn't argue.

But recently i just passed my AmusA with distinction, and clearly will be able to handle music 2 and extension, so i'm just wondering if I can still change my subject?

Thanks a lot!

xx

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm not 100% sure since you haven't done the hours of prelim music 2 (not sure if you need to) since it's technically a different subject.

Music 2 is very different to music 1, so if you were allowed to change, you'd have to catch up on the skills and techniques that they have all learnt.

But yeah, you should enquire about this to your teachers and try to reason with them, but don't be disappointed if you can't

angelano33

HSC
Thanks, yeah i know it's quite different

but i think im prepared to put in the work

so hopefully i will be able to change it :)

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can only switch from Music 2 to Music 1, but I'd have a chat about it with your teachers. Don't be disappointed if they say no. Music 2 is way more work than you think. It's not just performance, you've also got the core composition and the written exam. As madharris said, there is A LOT to catch up on, particularly when it comes to the composition and the written exam. But it's not impossible, it can be done.

Also remember that lots of people in Music 2 also have their AMusA...this isn't the case in Music 1, which could be a real advantage should you be unable to switch.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly in whichever course you do!

angelano33

HSC
Thanks a lot! I just asked the teacher at school, apparently you have to finish enough hours for prelim before you can stat the HSC course :(

madharris

HSC
N/A
Thanks a lot! I just asked the teacher at school, apparently you have to finish enough hours for prelim before you can stat the HSC course :(
Yeah that's what I thought, oh well though :)
You'll be fine. The music 1 class always looked like they were having fun.
We just had fun in other ways when we weren't supposed to :p

Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)