What do you do for a Music 1 HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

Centurian03

HSC
N/A
This is probably a really stupid question but could anyone please tell me EXACTLY what I have to do in the Music 1 HSC exam? All I really know is that I have to do performances/compositions/vivas and an essay...?
My school has kinda told us briefly what we have to do for the exam but I'm still pretty much in the dark on the 'essay' part of the exam. Basically all I've done for Music 1 this term (first term of HSC) is watch a different musical in class and cover texture and duration in 2 lessons ONLY - the rest of the lessons have been spent watching musicals... I seriously have no idea how this is suppose to help me in the HSC exam (I doubt it'll involve watching a ton of musicals) and hence have no idea what I have to do in the actual exam.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Basically:
You answer a few questions on a few unknown pieces that will be based around the concepts of music.
You don't get a score, but I'm pretty sure you get manuscript to help you write "musical quotes" and stuff like that

So really, all you can do to prepare for your written music exam is listen to music and analyse it according to the concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)