AMEB Violin Amus (1 Viewer)

zoom25

HSC
Hi guys, I did my grade 8 violin exam, AMEB, this year receiving an A. I would like to try do my AMus next year, however my teacher has never taken anyone for Amus and will not take me. The nearest teacher that will take me is approximately 400km away.
I would like to at least be able to find some music and look at the pieces and see how difficult they are. However i dont have the syllabus and hence do not no what is required for Amus. I was wondering if someone could tell me the requirements, I know that there are no scales, how many pieces do you have to play, what is the list of pieces to choose from, do you have to play one baroque one classical one romantic one 20th century, do you have to play a study/etude? etc. Does anything have to be played by memory?
I would immensely appreciate it if somebody could help me in this regard.
Thanks.

AnastasiaH1991

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there,
Good on you for taking on AMusA!
You need to prepare a program that goes from between 30-40 minutes. You have to prepare at least 4 works (one from each of the Lists - A, B, C, D). It's fairly similar to the grade exams in that way. If your four pieces are shorter than the minimum 30 minutes then you can choose additional pieces from the lists.
You also need to know general knowledge for the pieces as in previous exams (but more in depth of course).

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)