Amus piano? (1 Viewer)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
So I've pretty much finished my 8th grade pieces a lot earlier than I anticipated (still need some brushing up on pieces and scales and master my gen knowledge). So apparently the closest exam date for 8th grade is like in October (6 more months? ain't nobody got no time that) So I decided to start Amus which i know nothing about, thus my worries starts. I've always known my hands are kind of small for my height (I have a number of friends who plays piano, I'm taller than most of them by at least half a head yet their hands are bigger than mine lol...)
I'm just wondering if there are any pieces in amus that are suitable for smaller hands?
And where can I find the syllabus for amus pieces (can't seem to find it on google)?
How big of a leap is amus from grade 8? I heard the passing rate is about 30% .... THE STRUGGLE IS REAL BRUH
Starting from now I have about 1.5 years to pass and collect dem bonus points yo

Last edited:

Lalandir

HSC
Just in case you were still wondering,

AMus is nothing like 8th grade. Actually CMus is probably more of the next logical step to performance examinations than AMus. AMus is about performing, and you really have to be very comfortable with the piano and performing in public. Unless you want to incorporate piano studies into your HSC, then AMus, depending on your ability, may take up a lot of time from your HSC.

If you are good and totally comfortable performing in eisteddfodds and concerts, then AMus shouldn't be TOO big a leap. As long as your performance is fluent and musical, it is fine; but this requires mastery of technique (can you play eyes closed, can you focus on specific voices, etc. etc.).

It doesn't matter about physicality, people with small hands can play many pieces, but you'll have to meticulously go through to make sure there aren't any sections where it all falls apart (Octave runs, etc.). Mozart/Haydn are usually better than modern/romantic pieces for hand size requirements.

You'll have to buy the syllabus, or ask your teacher. They really should have one.

You will need to time your exams well, or Yr 12 + Piano may or may not fuck up your life briefly. G

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Just in case you were still wondering,

AMus is nothing like 8th grade. Actually CMus is probably more of the next logical step to performance examinations than AMus. AMus is about performing, and you really have to be very comfortable with the piano and performing in public. Unless you want to incorporate piano studies into your HSC, then AMus, depending on your ability, may take up a lot of time from your HSC.

If you are good and totally comfortable performing in eisteddfodds and concerts, then AMus shouldn't be TOO big a leap. As long as your performance is fluent and musical, it is fine; but this requires mastery of technique (can you play eyes closed, can you focus on specific voices, etc. etc.).

It doesn't matter about physicality, people with small hands can play many pieces, but you'll have to meticulously go through to make sure there aren't any sections where it all falls apart (Octave runs, etc.). Mozart/Haydn are usually better than modern/romantic pieces for hand size requirements.

You'll have to buy the syllabus, or ask your teacher. They really should have one.

You will need to time your exams well, or Yr 12 + Piano may or may not fuck up your life briefly. G
Actually, I enjoy my amus piece more than 8th grade LOL I've got experience playing infront of a big audience so yea I may or may not be fine
I'm still in yr 11 so I'm going to use this time wisely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)